cdrecord problems - Debian

This is a discussion on cdrecord problems - Debian ; I haven't burnt a CD on my laptop for a while, but when I fired up Arson to burn one today, I got the following errors : cdrecord: No write mode specified. cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode. cdrecord: Future versions of ...

  1. cdrecord problems

    I haven't burnt a CD on my laptop for a while, but when I fired up Arson to
    burn one today, I got the following errors :

    cdrecord: No write mode specified.
    cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
    cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent
    defaults.
    cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
    cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.12-1-386
    cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
    cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
    cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
    cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using
    setpriority().
    cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
    scsidev: '/dev/hdc'
    devname: '/dev/hdc'
    scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
    Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.
    Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
    Error: Cannot gain SYS_RAWIO capability.Is cdrecord installed SUID root?
    : Operation not permitted
    cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial version of libscg (debian-0.8debian2
    '@(#)scsitransp.c 1.91 04/06/17 Copyright 1988,1995,2000-2004 J.
    Schilling').
    SCSI buffer size: 64512
    Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Joerg
    Schilling
    NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of
    cdrecord
    and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
    Please send bug reports and support requests to
    .
    The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.
    TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
    Using libscg version 'debian-0.8debian2'.
    Driveropts: 'burnproof'
    atapi: 1
    Device type : Removable CD-ROM
    Version : 0
    Response Format: 2
    Capabilities :
    Vendor_info : 'Slimtype'
    Identifikation : 'COMBO LSC-24082K'
    Revision : 'JKU5'
    Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-ROM.
    Current: 0x0009
    Profile: 0x0010
    Profile: 0x000A
    Profile: 0x0009 (current)
    Profile: 0x0008
    Profile: 0x0002
    Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
    Driver flags : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
    Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
    Drive buf size : 1422080 = 1388 KB
    FIFO size : 4194304 = 4096 KB
    cdrecord: Operation not permitted. Cannot send SCSI cmd via ioctl
    Track 01: data 92 MB
    Total size: 105 MB (10:29.38) = 47204 sectors
    Lout start: 106 MB (10:31/29) = 47204 sectors

    What is this SCSI error ?

  2. Re: cdrecord problems

    first try burning as root
    or use a newer kernel in combination with alpha03 or alpha04

+ Reply to Thread