net hardware not seen by Fedora Core 4 net config GUI - Debian

This is a discussion on net hardware not seen by Fedora Core 4 net config GUI - Debian ; I add some net hardware and install the relevant software modules. Next I try to use the Fedora Core 4 GUI to configure the new items into my network. OOPS! The hardware is not shown as something I can select. ...

  1. net hardware not seen by Fedora Core 4 net config GUI

    I add some net hardware and install the relevant software modules.
    Next I try to use the Fedora Core 4 GUI to configure the new items into
    my network. OOPS! The
    hardware is not shown as something I can select.

    I reboot (Sorry, my winXX contamination makes this a frequent
    occurrance whether I really need it or not) and still cannot see the
    hardware through the GUI.

    I use DMESG and the hardware shows under a name a recognize as the
    items I have added to my system. I use lscpi and lsmod and similar
    tools. VIOLA!! There are the software parts.

    I know that I can edit scripts and files to do the net config by hand,
    but I really want to use the GUI if possible. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

    BTW -- One example device is the Intel PRO/2100 wifi mini-PCI for a
    Dell laptop.

    ~~~ Dan 0;-D

  2. Re: net hardware not seen by Fedora Core 4 net config GUI

    SORRY SORRY -- MEA CULPA -- I hit send in the wrong group.

    ~~~ Dan 0;-D

+ Reply to Thread