adding more disc on debian - Debian

This is a discussion on adding more disc on debian - Debian ; Hi, I installed a supplementary hard disc (ide) on my workstation. This is how I've modified my conf file ... # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/sda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1 ...

  1. adding more disc on debian

    Hi, I installed a supplementary hard disc (ide) on my workstation.

    This is how I've modified my conf file ...

    #
    #
    proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
    /dev/sda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1
    /dev/sda5 none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/hda1 /data ext3 defaults 0 0
    /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0 0 /dev/fd0
    /media/floppy0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

    The problem is about writing permissions: only root can write on "/data"
    How can I solve it ?

    Thanks in advance
    Hal

  2. Re: adding more disc on debian