USB HD installation - Debian

This is a discussion on USB HD installation - Debian ; hi all, thanks anyway for your attention... I'd like to install Linux (Debian Sarge release 3.1ROA) on my PC (*) and, if it is possible, i want to install on another HD (USB connected). I try to avoid any XP ...

  1. USB HD installation

    hi all,
    thanks anyway for your attention...

    I'd like to install Linux (Debian Sarge release 3.1ROA) on my PC (*) and, if
    it is possible, i want to install on another HD (USB connected).
    I try to avoid any XP problem (home edition sp1), caus I use the PC for my
    job and I can not use it without
    windows.
    I am not a Linux expert but I appreciate it very much (I use GIMP for win
    photo retouch), and I want an OS as far as possible from my usual job
    ambient :-)
    Thanks in advance for your help, ciao,

    Nanni

    (*) Desktop (wellcome creator):
    - MB asus A7V400-MX
    - CPU AMD 2400
    - video sapphire 128 MB
    - RAM 512 MB (2x256)
    - HD 80GB
    - mouse and keyboard logitech
    - CD-DVD LG

  2. Re: USB HD installation

    Il Fri, 13 Jan 2006 01:55:15 +0100, Nanni ha scritto:

    > hi all,
    > thanks anyway for your attention...
    >
    > I'd like to install Linux (Debian Sarge release 3.1ROA) on my PC (*) and, if
    > it is possible, i want to install on another HD (USB connected).
    > I try to avoid any XP problem (home edition sp1), caus I use the PC for my
    > job and I can not use it without
    > windows.
    > I am not a Linux expert but I appreciate it very much (I use GIMP for win
    > photo retouch), and I want an OS as far as possible from my usual job
    > ambient :-)
    > Thanks in advance for your help, ciao,
    >
    > Nanni
    >
    > (*) Desktop (wellcome creator):