How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer? - Debian

This is a discussion on How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer? - Debian ; Hi: I have a computer made by HP.It is based on ATI chips.I use Debian sid and the kernel is 2.6.14.But I can not turn on the DMA. Can anybody help me ?...

  1. How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer?

    Hi:
    I have a computer made by HP.It is based on ATI chips.I use Debian sid
    and the kernel is 2.6.14.But I can not turn on the DMA.

    Can anybody help me ?

  2. Re: How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer?

    On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 14:39:45 +0800, PopZslam wrote:

    > Hi:
    > I have a computer made by HP.It is based on ATI chips.I use Debian sid
    > and the kernel is 2.6.14.But I can not turn on the DMA.
    >
    > Can anybody help me ?

    I couldn't get DMA to work with 2.6.14(Debian etch, nforce2 board) so I
    went back to 2.6.12. If anyone has an answer, let us know.

  3. Re: How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer?

    > I couldn't get DMA to work with 2.6.14(Debian etch, nforce2 board) so I
    > went back to 2.6.12. If anyone has an answer, let us know.

    Does it work or not?

    I want to know too.

  4. Re: How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer?

    "cometear" 写入消息新闻:dq23a8$ie5$1@news.cn99.com...
    > > I couldn't get DMA to work with 2.6.14(Debian etch, nforce2 board) so I
    > > went back to 2.6.12. If anyone has an answer, let us know.

    > Does it work or not?
    >
    > I want to know too.

    ----------
    It is really a hard work without DMA.

  5. Re: How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer?

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:43:02 +0800, cometear wrote:

    >> I couldn't get DMA to work with 2.6.14(Debian etch, nforce2 board) so I
    >> went back to 2.6.12. If anyone has an answer, let us know.

    > Does it work or not?
    >
    > I want to know too.

    2.6.12 DMA works fine. I could not get the DMA in 2.6.14 to work. I
    haven't tried recompiling yet.

  6. Re: How to make DMA works at a ATI chips computer?

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread