Problems with ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3 - Debian

This is a discussion on Problems with ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3 - Debian ; Hi all, i've some problems with getting an ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3 Mainboard working. My Kernel doesn't recognize the onboard ethernet and the onboard sound. Unfortunately I don't really now the chipset, maybe you can find something out on www.asrock.com . ;-) ...

  1. Problems with ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3

    Hi all,

    i've some problems with getting an ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3 Mainboard
    working. My Kernel doesn't recognize the onboard ethernet and the
    onboard sound. Unfortunately I don't really now the chipset, maybe you
    can find something out on www.asrock.com. ;-) Sorry
    But, does anybody now which kernel modules I have to use and how I get
    them working and autoload at boottime?

    My second problem is, that the ATI proprietary driver (which is a very
    ugly driver ;-)) doesn't recognize my card's chipset (it is an SAPPHIRE
    RADEON 9550, 256 MB, TV-Out and DVI). It realizes the 256 MB, the TV-Out
    and the DVI, but nothing else. Maybe you've also some hints on that. ;-)

    So, enough for now.
    Thanks for your advice..
    Sebastian Volke

  2. Re: Problems with ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3

    Sebastian Volke schrieb:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i've some problems with getting an ASROCK K8Upgrade-NF3 Mainboard
    > working. My Kernel doesn't recognize the onboard ethernet and the
    > onboard sound. Unfortunately I don't really now the chipset, maybe you
    > can find something out on www.asrock.com. ;-) Sorry

    So, I've got the site:
    http://www.asrock.com/product/product_K8Upgrade-NF3.htm
    I think, the audio chipset is ALC850, and the ethernet RTL8201CL, but I
    don't now which kernel modules to chose and how to get them working.
    Please help
    Sebastian

  3. Thank you all ;-)

    Hello all,

    thank you very much for not posting anything. It helped me much, so that
    in the end I found some working proprietary drivers on the NVIDIA
    homepage. Since the ASROCK chipset on my mothermoard is made by NVIDIA
    it worked fine, both sound and ethernet.
    So I'm very grateful and obliged to you for your marvellous amount of
    postings.

    Good bye
    Sebastian

    p.s.: Don't feel offended. I don't mean to insult you, it's just kind of
    well-meant satire.

  4. Re: Thank you all ;-)

    Sebastian Volke a écrit :
    > Hello all,
    >
    > thank you very much for not posting anything. It helped me much, so that
    > in the end I found some working proprietary drivers on the NVIDIA
    > homepage. Since the ASROCK chipset on my mothermoard is made by NVIDIA
    > it worked fine, both sound and ethernet.
    > So I'm very grateful and obliged to you for your marvellous amount of
    > postings.
    >
    > Good bye
    > Sebastian
    >
    > p.s.: Don't feel offended. I don't mean to insult you, it's just kind of
    > well-meant satire.

    Hi,

    for the network card, the forcedepth module work for me.
    No idea for sound yet.

    I put an AMD sempron 2600+ on the MB. Did you activate the Cool'N'Quiet
    fonction ? How ? When i tried to load the "powernow-k8" module, it said
    that no hardware is available if i remember well.

    Bye

    --
    ADSL Max - V4-C : 0007cb0bef42 - tel : X.0228212280.X
    NRA (1) : CPB44 - DSLAM : ALCATEL - 3250 metres - 38 dB

+ Reply to Thread