OpenOffice 1.1 has no help - Debian

This is a discussion on OpenOffice 1.1 has no help - Debian ; I am using Debian testing and my openoffice 1.1 has no help. Can someone be so kind as to explain how to get help for Openoffice?...

  1. OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    I am using Debian testing and my openoffice 1.1
    has no help. Can someone be so kind as to
    explain how to get help for Openoffice?

  2. Re: OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:07:21 -0600, Tom wrote:

    > I am using Debian testing and my openoffice 1.1
    > has no help. Can someone be so kind as to
    > explain how to get help for Openoffice?

    There are packages called openoffice.org-help-NN (NN as in language
    code) which you need to install separately.

    gregor
    --
    .''`. http://info.comodo.priv.at/ | gpg key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
    : :' : infos zur usenet-hierarchie at.*: http://www.usenet.at/

  3. Re: OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    Tom wrote:
    > I am using Debian testing and my openoffice 1.1
    > has no help. Can someone be so kind as to
    > explain how to get help for Openoffice?

    wouldn't it be more reasonable to switch to openoffice 2.0 than using 1.1?

  4. Re: OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    Not really. A bright example of Oo 2.0 behaviour: it couldn't open a
    pretty important ppt presentation today - no it wasn't garbled text or
    whatever junk Oo 1.1 managed to display, it simply threw an error
    message and died. Bad, bad OpenOffice... or is that the ppt format who
    is bad?

  5. Re: OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    dperry.cham@gmail.com wrote:
    > Not really. A bright example of Oo 2.0 behaviour: it couldn't open a
    > pretty important ppt presentation today - no it wasn't garbled text or
    > whatever junk Oo 1.1 managed to display, it simply threw an error
    > message and died. Bad, bad OpenOffice... or is that the ppt format who
    > is bad?

    I think so.
    I can't imagine ppts being not opened w/ the newer version. OOo did
    *really* improve itself from 1.1 to 2.0. It's like a completely new
    application. I love it and can open every single Word-Document.
    Well sometimes the text is somewhat messed up, but readable everytime...

  6. Re: OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    Imagine or not, it did. I wasn't quite happy as a result; neither was
    my supervisor of studies who needed me to work on it asap. And in
    general, I prefer to write HTML when I need rich text formatting and
    such. When I say "write", I mean that I really create it all by myself
    - partly because all the HTML code generators I have seen, including
    the OOo one, are really *awful* .
    Actually, I'm not assaulting OOo - I still have it installed for "just
    in case", because for my rare uses of office tools it is more than
    sufficient [this recent case omitted...]. However, it is not perfect -
    and we have to admit that. And as always, there is Microsoft to blame

  7. Re: OpenOffice 1.1 has no help

    I am using testing, as soon as I do apt-get upgrade
    and OO 2.0 is there, I will be using it.

    "Bernhard Kastner" <0wn4g3@gmx.at> wrote in message news:dns955$mnb$1@news.albasani.net...
    > Tom wrote:
    > > I am using Debian testing and my openoffice 1.1
    > > has no help. Can someone be so kind as to
    > > explain how to get help for Openoffice?
    > >

    > wouldn't it be more reasonable to switch to openoffice 2.0 than using 1.1?

+ Reply to Thread