Hi,

I am trying to setup exim4 with Maildir support. Just can't get it to work.

I want to set up an 'internet' server, receiving and sending email directely
from and to the internet.
Imagine my full domain name to be host.domain.com and host.domain.org
I wish to accept e-mail for name@domain.com and name@domain.org

use 'name' is a system user added with "adduser name" and so has homedir
"/home/name"

/etc/mailname:
domain.com

/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf :
dc_eximconfig_configtype='internet'
dc_other_hostnames='domain.org'
dc_local_interfaces=''
dc_readhost=''
dc_relay_domains=''
dc_minimaldns='false'
dc_relay_nets='192.168.1.0/24'
dc_smarthost=''
CFILEMODE='644'
dc_use_split_config='false'
dc_hide_mailname=''
dc_mailname_in_oh='true'
dc_localdelivery=maildir_home

Am I supposed to add "dc_relay_domains='domain.com:domain.org'" ?
If I don't do it, e-mail sent to name@domain.com is refused with "Relaying
denied" message even though the e-mail is to be delivered locally. If I do
add it, e-mail is accepted, but ends up in "/var/spool/exim4/input/"

It doesn't get delivered to the user's homedir.

Now, I read somewhere that exim4 can automatically create a Maildir
directory in the user's homedir if it doesn't exist already. Is this true?
If so, how do I make that work?

I tried "maildirmake /home/name/Maildir" under "root" and that creates the
maildir, but ownership is "root:root".
Courier-imap can not access this then unless I manually do "chown -R
name:name /home/name/Maildir", but then exim probably can't deliver it
there.

I'm I correctely assuming that by default exim4 tries to deliver the
messages to the user's homedir, and doesn't rely on procmail or something?

Somebody please advise. I've been struggling for 2 days with this.

Lisa