Problem install sarge DELL 850 - Debian

This is a discussion on Problem install sarge DELL 850 - Debian ; Hello I'm trying to install Debian Sarge on a DELL Powerdge 850 SATA but the installer did not reconnait the controller sata. Who has the solution? Thank's...

  1. Problem install sarge DELL 850

    Hello

    I'm trying to install Debian Sarge on a DELL Powerdge 850 SATA but the
    installer did not reconnait the controller sata.

    Who has the solution?
    Thank's

  2. Re: Problem install sarge DELL 850

    On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:47:22 +0100, pierrev wrote:

    > I'm trying to install Debian Sarge on a DELL Powerdge 850 SATA but the
    > installer did not reconnait the controller sata.

    I copied and pasted this from a post I made a few days ago.

    Read the Eratta section about SATA drivers. I ended up downloading one of
    the Testing install cds and using expert install to not load all of the
    modules.

    http://www.us.debian.org/releases/st...ian-installer/

    > Has anyone else experienced this?

    If it is a SATA problem, yes.

    > How can I get the installation to continue rather than freeze?

    It is on the web page above. I used a Testing cd to get Debian installed.
    I run unstable though. The work around should work for Sarge though.

    What motherboard/processor are you using? How long did you wait for it to
    unfreeze?

    When I had my SATA problem, it 'froze' for a minute or three? and then
    reported back it couldn't locate the cd.

    Good luck,
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread