How to debug debian package install error? - Debian

This is a discussion on How to debug debian package install error? - Debian ; I am trying to install slrnpull from the debian package manager, Synaptic : it just hangs with an animated icon telling me that the installation might take some time. Any ideas as to where I go from here? As an ...

  1. How to debug debian package install error?

    I am trying to install slrnpull from the debian package manager, Synaptic : it just hangs with an animated icon telling me that the installation might take some time.

    Any ideas as to where I go from here?

    As an aside, what would you recommend as a "Windows style" tas manager and process killer for the KDE desktop?

    regards,

  2. Re: How to debug debian package install error?

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:40:08 +0000, mitticus wrote:

    > I am trying to install slrnpull from the debian package manager, Synaptic
    > : it just hangs with an animated icon telling me that the installation
    > might take some time.
    >
    > Any ideas as to where I go from here?
    >
    > As an aside, what would you recommend as a "Windows style" tas manager and
    > process killer for the KDE desktop?
    >
    > regards,

    Try running man apt-get in a terminal. Apt-get has a lot of options and
    you should be able to use 'sudo apt-get check' to see what
    is going on and then APT may recommend something like 'sudo apt-get -f
    install' to remedy problems.

    KsysGuard is the KDE version of windows Task Manager. You can sort it
    based on many different criteria and kill process directly. Just like top.

    Chuck

+ Reply to Thread