Amarok : anyone using? - Debian

This is a discussion on Amarok : anyone using? - Debian ; Finally got amarok working on my KDE desktop (ubuntu release). Turns out ALSASINK was hidden in some obscure "other" package which I finally got installed. If I try and build a library with it scanning my NTFS USB drives it ...

  1. Amarok : anyone using?

    Finally got amarok working on my KDE desktop (ubuntu release). Turns out
    ALSASINK was hidden in some obscure "other" package which I finally got
    installed.

    If I try and build a library with it scanning my NTFS USB drives it
    crashes after about 2 minutes searching. Anyone else experience this?

    When you set up Amaroks "collection" source directories which "device"
    or folder do you delect for the cd? There seems to be about 5 in various
    /dev /media folders and I'm confused as to which is the "logical" cd drive.

  2. Re: Amarok : anyone using?

    Walter Mitty wrote:

    > Finally got amarok working on my KDE desktop (ubuntu release). Turns out
    > ALSASINK was hidden in some obscure "other" package which I finally got
    > installed.
    >
    > If I try and build a library with it scanning my NTFS USB drives it
    > crashes after about 2 minutes searching. Anyone else experience this?
    >
    > When you set up Amaroks "collection" source directories which "device"
    > or folder do you delect for the cd? There seems to be about 5 in various
    > /dev /media folders and I'm confused as to which is the "logical" cd drive.

    you haffi use the mounted directory, not the raw dev-file. so use the
    /media-thing, if your CDROM-drive is mounted there.

    I personally love amarok, despite it is kind of slow and unstable when
    used with big (>8.000 files) playlists.
    I also dislike, no, I hate it, the collection and the "dynamic mode" it
    slows the player just down.
    But I love the look, the services, integration of MusicBrainz and so on...

  3. Re: Amarok : anyone using?

    Bernhard Kastner schrieb:

    > [amarok]
    > But I love the look, the services, integration of MusicBrainz and so on...

    What version are you running? My 1.3.1 on Kubuntu Breezy is unable to
    use MusicBrainz, even after trying some of the proposed solutions to this
    problem that can be found on the web.

    Jürgen

    (Set a follow-up to alt.os.linux.ubuntu as it's probably an Ubuntu-only
    problem. By the way: Aren't crossposts without followup regarded as a Bad
    Thing[TM] in alt.*, too?)

+ Reply to Thread