Sound : kde & gnome - Debian

This is a discussion on Sound : kde & gnome - Debian ; If you have a working sound system (preferably including digital out to an external sound system) could you let me know which sound servers you are running for either gnome or kde. The source I am studying mixes esd and ...

  1. Sound : kde & gnome

    If you have a working sound system (preferably including digital out to
    an external sound system) could you let me know which sound servers you
    are running for either gnome or kde.

    The source I am studying mixes esd and arts up at least three times with
    respect wo thich desktop system they are used with. Or are they
    cmpatibile between kde & gnome?

    Suggestions for best systems?

    Trxing to get sound working is proving horrible. It works through
    headphones, only half the audio players work and none of the volume
    controls work.

  2. Re: Sound : kde & gnome

    * Walter Mitty wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:

    > If you have a working sound system (preferably including digital out to
    > an external sound system) could you let me know which sound servers you
    > are running for either gnome or kde.

    > The source I am studying mixes esd and arts up at least three times with
    > respect wo thich desktop system they are used with. Or are they
    > cmpatibile between kde & gnome?

    > Suggestions for best systems?

    > Trxing to get sound working is proving horrible. It works through
    > headphones, only half the audio players work and none of the volume
    > controls work.

    Seen this:

    http://www.ubuntuguide.org/#configuresoundproperly

    --
    David
    Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.

+ Reply to Thread