news reader : xpn - Debian

This is a discussion on news reader : xpn - Debian ; is anyone here using xpn over thunderbird? I just tried it and it appears to be very slow and extremely buggy (primarily because of delays in UI response). I cant get Thunderbird looking any good in ubuntu/kde so decided to ...

  1. news reader : xpn

    is anyone here using xpn over thunderbird? I just tried it and it
    appears to be very slow and extremely buggy (primarily because of delays
    in UI response). I cant get Thunderbird looking any good in ubuntu/kde
    so decided to try another newreader : any other suggestions?

  2. Re: news reader : xpn

    * Walter Mitty wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:

    > is anyone here using xpn over thunderbird? I just tried it and it
    > appears to be very slow and extremely buggy (primarily because of delays
    > in UI response). I cant get Thunderbird looking any good in ubuntu/kde
    > so decided to try another newreader : any other suggestions?

    If you dont do a lot of binary use, slrn, while a bit of a bear to get
    going, is an awesome text reader and can be used for binary use if the
    need arises, but I usually jump to pan for binaries.
    --
    David
    "I'm in Pittsburgh. Why am I here?"

  3. Re: news reader : xpn

    SINNER wrote:

    > * Walter Mitty wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:
    >
    >> is anyone here using xpn over thunderbird? I just tried it and it
    >> appears to be very slow and extremely buggy (primarily because of delays
    >> in UI response). I cant get Thunderbird looking any good in ubuntu/kde
    >> so decided to try another newreader : any other suggestions?

    > If you dont do a lot of binary use, slrn, while a bit of a bear to get
    > going, is an awesome text reader and can be used for binary use if the
    > need arises, but I usually jump to pan for binaries.

    I'm using knode, which does fine for me.

  4. Re: news reader : xpn

    * Meat Loaf wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:
    > SINNER wrote:

    >> * Walter Mitty wrote in alt.os.linux.debian:

    >>> is anyone here using xpn over thunderbird? I just tried it and it
    >>> appears to be very slow and extremely buggy (primarily because of delays
    >>> in UI response). I cant get Thunderbird looking any good in ubuntu/kde
    >>> so decided to try another newreader : any other suggestions?

    >> If you dont do a lot of binary use, slrn, while a bit of a bear to get
    >> going, is an awesome text reader and can be used for binary use if the
    >> need arises, but I usually jump to pan for binaries.

    > I'm using knode, which does fine for me.

    Poor scoring, no multipart binaries. I dont need bins but the pathetic
    scoring in Knode makes most newsreaders better suited for the task, but
    thats what great about Linux, choice.

    --
    David
    Klatu barada nikto.