udev permission and /dev/null and sound - Debian

This is a discussion on udev permission and /dev/null and sound - Debian ; Hi all, i am n troubles with devices since i switched to udev I am using home-compiled kernel 2.6.14.2 and udev 0.076-2 /dev/null is not owned by root:root and not readable by others: that is: crw-rw---- I have to change ...

  1. udev permission and /dev/null and sound

    Hi all,

    i am n troubles with devices since i switched to udev
    I am using home-compiled kernel 2.6.14.2 and udev 0.076-2

    /dev/null is not owned by root:root and not readable by others:
    that is: crw-rw----
    I have to change to crw-rw-rw- before starting kdm session manager.
    Similar changes are required to /dev/random and /dev/ptmx
    Moreover, the sound device cannot be found any more.

    Any hint to fix all that?

    I have noticed that the
    /etc/udev/permissions.d/udev.permissions

    is not read, neither when starting or restarting udev.
    Is that ok?

    thank you

    --
    pol

  2. Re: udev permission and /dev/null and sound

    Pol wrote:
    > i am n troubles with devices since i switched to udev
    > I am using home-compiled kernel 2.6.14.2 and udev 0.076-2>
    > /dev/null is not owned by root:root and not readable by others:
    > that is: crw-rw----

    Sorry, /dev/null IS owned by root:root, that is

    crw-rw---- 1 root root 1, 3 2005-11-27 08:43 /dev/null

    --
    pol

+ Reply to Thread