Convert ISO to Apt Source? - Debian

This is a discussion on Convert ISO to Apt Source? - Debian ; I have downloaded the Ubuntu ISO image. I don't have a way to burn a CDR in my current PC right now. Is there a tool I can download so that I can convert/mount my ISO image file as an ...

  1. Convert ISO to Apt Source?

    I have downloaded the Ubuntu ISO image. I don't have a way to burn a
    CDR in my current PC right now. Is there a tool I can download so that
    I can convert/mount my ISO image file as an Apt Source so that I can
    do:

    apt-get dist-upgrade

    ?

  2. Re: Convert ISO to Apt Source?

    Alfred wrote:
    > I have downloaded the Ubuntu ISO image. I don't have a way to burn a
    > CDR in my current PC right now. Is there a tool I can download so that
    > I can convert/mount my ISO image file as an Apt Source so that I can
    > do:
    >
    > apt-get dist-upgrade
    >
    > ?

    mount -o loop .... (the exact command escapes me, but mount it using
    loop devices... man/google for more.)

    --Yan

+ Reply to Thread