MythTV - Debian

This is a discussion on MythTV - Debian ; I've just installed an ATSC (HDTV) tuner card and installed MythTV on my machine. I' haven't found any group that supports any type of homebuilt PVR on linux or windows. I can create a new newsgroup for this if anyone ...

  1. MythTV

    I've just installed an ATSC (HDTV) tuner card and installed MythTV on my
    machine. I' haven't found any group that supports any type of homebuilt
    PVR on linux or windows. I can create a new newsgroup for this if anyone
    is interested. Hopefully to provide a central location for people wanting
    to turn there PC into a multituner Tivo like machine for HDTV and deal
    with both hardware an application choices available. hopefully, with a
    name that reflects PVR in it, it will become recognized by anyoyne
    considering such a project. At last look, the only newsgroup with "pvr" in
    the name was one in the UK. and it wasn't an alt group.

    Please reply to this post if interested.

  2. Re: MythTV

    On 2005-11-17, Wes Newell wrote:

    > I've just installed an ATSC (HDTV) tuner card and installed
    > MythTV on my machine. I' haven't found any group that supports
    > any type of homebuilt PVR on linux or windows. [...]

    I think you'll find that the MythTV mailing list and some of
    the web-based forums like the Knoppmyth forum at
    www.mysettopbox.tv are where most of the Myth discussion
    happens. I gave up on the Mythtv mailing list because the list
    owner refuses to let it be carried by gmane.org. I still read
    the Knoppmyth forums occasionally, but web forums all pretty
    much suck when compared to Usenet.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! If I am elected no
    at one will ever have to do

  3. Re: MythTV

    > the web-based forums like the Knoppmyth forum at
    > www.mysettopbox.tv are where most of the Myth discussion
    > happens. I gave up on the Mythtv mailing list because the list
    > owner refuses to let it be carried by gmane.org. I still read
    > the Knoppmyth forums occasionally, but web forums all pretty
    > much suck when compared to Usenet.

    Yeah, I found the same thing... most of the pvr/myth forums are only
    available through the web, although I prefer usenet.

+ Reply to Thread