where is the installed package - Debian

This is a discussion on where is the installed package - Debian ; Hi there, I have isntalled some package in Debian using the synnaptic package manager. But I cannot find it after successful installation, why ?...

  1. where is the installed package

    Hi there, I have isntalled some package in Debian using the synnaptic
    package manager. But I cannot find it after successful installation,
    why ?

  2. Re: where is the installed package

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:51:03 -0800, JBH wrote:

    > Hi there, I have isntalled some package in Debian using the synnaptic
    > package manager. But I cannot find it after successful installation,
    > why ?

    Why - I can't answer, but I have found it helpful to go into synaptic,
    click on the package, then right click to bring up 'properties' and look
    at the installed files.

  3. Re: where is the installed package

    I have tried the kappfinder (Alt-F2) , and found some of the
    applications. But still there are many that I cannot find.

    Any idea that if the package is an application, typing the package name
    should start the application or not ? in the command line.

    Thanks in advance

  4. Re: where is the installed package

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:00:59 -0800, JBH wrote:

    > I have tried the kappfinder (Alt-F2) , and found some of the
    > applications. But still there are many that I cannot find.
    >
    > Any idea that if the package is an application, typing the package name
    > should start the application or not ? in the command line.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    In some instances the name of the application is the same as the name of
    the package - in that instance, yes it would. Not every package is going
    to have an executable that you want to run - do have some examples of what
    packages you're looking at?

+ Reply to Thread