problems with SSL - Debian

This is a discussion on problems with SSL - Debian ; Hi, Wondering if someone could help me out here. I've just installed the latest stable version of Ubuntu. Everything seemed fine until I went to do my online banking. When I click on the link to let me sign-in to ...

  1. problems with SSL

    Hi,

    Wondering if someone could help me out here. I've just installed the
    latest stable version of Ubuntu. Everything seemed fine until I went to
    do my online banking. When I click on the link to let me sign-in to my
    online banking account it just hangs and won't even display the page.
    I'm using Firefox but I've tried other browsers and they all do the
    same thing.

    I've tried other https URLS and they load just fine, but for some
    reason the ScotiaBank online banking sign-in page will not load for me.

    This same problem has happened to me when I tried to install the latest
    stable version of Mandrake and also Red Hat.

    When I use an older version of Linux everything works fine.

  2. Re: problems with SSL

    which browser did you use?
    if the most other ssl exncrypted sites work then its obviously a
    incompatible programmed website, or the encryption of the ssl
    connection is not supported by your browser.

  3. Re: problems with SSL

    i was using the firefox browser.
    the encryption method is RC4 128 bit.
    it appears that the encryption method is supported.

    this happens with all browsers when i have any of the latest versions
    of linux installed.

    right now i have Mandrake 9.1 installed and this doesn't happen.

    a friend at work has a better computer than me and he has the latest
    Mandrake (which also causes this problem for me) and he has no problem
    with the scotia bank site.

    i'm almost beginning to think that it has something to do with my older
    hardware and the newer linux kernels.

    this problem happens with the latest stable version of Mandrake,
    Ubuntu, and Fedora.

    Son of Sam wrote:
    > which browser did you use?
    > if the most other ssl exncrypted sites work then its obviously a
    > incompatible programmed website, or the encryption of the ssl
    > connection is not supported by your browser.

+ Reply to Thread