Re: 2.6 Kernel - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: 2.6 Kernel - Debian ; Dan N wrote: > How do I upgrade Sarge to the 2.6 kernel? Is it simply a matter of an > apt-get? > > Dan > Yes apt-cache search kernel-image or kernel-source then you will see a list. Just pick ...

  1. Re: 2.6 Kernel

    Dan N wrote:
    > How do I upgrade Sarge to the 2.6 kernel? Is it simply a matter of an
    > apt-get?
    >
    > Dan

    Yes

    apt-cache search kernel-image or kernel-source

    then you will see a list. Just pick the latest.

    Of course, the original kernel can be found on kernel.org

    if you choose to compile from source >> google is your friend.

  2. Re: 2.6 Kernel

    On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:35:59 +0100, san sophak wrote:

    >> How do I upgrade Sarge to the 2.6 kernel? Is it simply a matter of an
    >> apt-get?

    > Yes
    > apt-cache search kernel-image or kernel-source

    The new kernel packages are called linux-image and linux-source.

    gregor
    --
    .''`. http://info.comodo.priv.at/ | gpg key ID: 0x00F3CFE4
    : :' : infos zur usenet-hierarchie at.*: http://www.usenet.at/