Where to download Debian 1.2? - Debian

This is a discussion on Where to download Debian 1.2? - Debian ; Hello, Does anyone know where I can download a full version of Debian 1.2 or getting an ISO-image of a cd that contains Debian 1.2? Or could someone send me a copy of the Infomagic CD-ROM (december 1996), that contains ...

  1. Where to download Debian 1.2?

    Hello,

    Does anyone know where I can download a full version of Debian 1.2 or
    getting an ISO-image of a cd that contains Debian 1.2? Or could someone
    send me a copy of the Infomagic CD-ROM (december 1996), that contains
    Debian 1.2 or an ftp-server that holds the CD-ROM as an ISO-image.

    I need Debian 1.2 for a personal project. I want to try severel
    different old Debian versions on an old computer.

    Cheers,
    Manou

  2. Re: Where to download Debian 1.2?

    Manou J.M. Eifes wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can download a full version of Debian 1.2 or
    > getting an ISO-image of a cd that contains Debian 1.2? Or could someone
    > send me a copy of the Infomagic CD-ROM (december 1996), that contains
    > Debian 1.2 or an ftp-server that holds the CD-ROM as an ISO-image.
    >
    > I need Debian 1.2 for a personal project. I want to try severel
    > different old Debian versions on an old computer.

    Well, as recently spotted in Debian Weekly News:
    http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2005/46/
    There is this:
    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/historic-...utions/debian/
    .... doesn't have 1.2, but does have 1.1.
    1.2 sources are available:
    http://archive.debian.org/dists/
    so it may be feasible to upgrade (via building, compiling, etc.)
    from 1.1.
    1.2 binaries are probably out there somewhere, but they might be
    relatively
    hard to find now.

+ Reply to Thread