Re: 2.6 Kernel - Debian

This is a discussion on Re: 2.6 Kernel - Debian ; Dan N schrieb: > How do I upgrade Sarge to the 2.6 kernel? Is it simply a matter of an > apt-get? > > Dan Hi, well, if you want some perfect kernel in your system, why don't you try ...

  1. Re: 2.6 Kernel

    Dan N schrieb:
    > How do I upgrade Sarge to the 2.6 kernel? Is it simply a matter of an
    > apt-get?
    >
    > Dan

    Hi,

    well, if you want some perfect kernel in your system, why don't you try
    to get the sources (the Sarge package is called something like
    kernel-source-2.6.8-...) und compile it on your own?
    If you know something about programming it should be no problem. But you
    should know your hardware very well and it'll take some time to write
    the kernel-configuration (there really are too much options).

    Good luck

    Sebastian

  2. Re: 2.6 Kernel

    Sebastian Volke wrote:
    > Dan N schrieb:
    >
    >> How do I upgrade Sarge to the 2.6 kernel? Is it simply a matter of an
    >> apt-get?
    >>
    >> Dan

    > Hi,
    >
    > well, if you want some perfect kernel in your system, why don't you try
    > to get the sources (the Sarge package is called something like
    > kernel-source-2.6.8-...) und compile it on your own?
    > If you know something about programming it should be no problem. But you
    > should know your hardware very well and it'll take some time to write
    > the kernel-configuration (there really are too much options).
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Sebastian

    Hi sebastian,

    do you know how to patch a kernel ? i want to patch my kernel 2.6 to the
    latest stable 2.6.14 from kernel.org

    is that possible for you to explain me the steps ?

    regards

    sophak

+ Reply to Thread