hdparm - Debian

This is a discussion on hdparm - Debian ; while I am using kubuntu linux i need to enable dma on the dvd and dvd burner. However i use the script on etc/hdparm.conf still it won't work settings are command_line { hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd } where can I ...

  1. hdparm

    while I am using kubuntu linux i need to enable dma on the dvd and dvd
    burner. However i use the script on etc/hdparm.conf still it won't work

    settings are

    command_line {
    hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd
    }

    where can I do settings so that it work for real

    thanks

  2. Re: hdparm

    On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:13:48 +0100, Johan van de Sande
    wrote:
    > while I am using kubuntu linux i need to enable dma on the dvd and dvd
    > burner. However i use the script on etc/hdparm.conf still it won't work
    >
    > settings are
    >
    > command_line {
    > hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd
    > }
    >
    > where can I do settings so that it work for real

    The relevant section of my /etc/hdparm.conf:

    /dev/hdc {
    dma = on
    }

    --
    Anthony Edwards
    anthony@catfish.nildram.co.uk

  3. Re: hdparm

    ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.os.linux.ubuntu.]
    Johan van de Sande enlightened us with:
    > hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd

    What is the error message if you type this by hand as root?

    > where can I do settings so that it work for real

    You were editing in the right place. Something else must be wrong.

    Sybren
    Frank Zappa

  4. Re: hdparm

    Johan van de Sande wrote:

    > while I am using kubuntu linux i need to enable dma on the dvd and dvd
    > burner. However i use the script on etc/hdparm.conf still it won't work
    >
    > settings are
    >
    > command_line {
    > hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc /dev/hdd
    > }
    >
    > where can I do settings so that it work for real
    >
    > thanks

    It worked

    used dma = on

    thanks