hi all, I've a problem during configuration of postgresql with
phppgadmin, below you find the steps that I made to install it.

the problem is that when I login via phppgadmin with user "tommaso" and
password "pippo" tell me -> "Login Failed" but if in a shell I login
with the command: '$ psql -U tommaso template1' ask me for password and
I enter without problem.

Debian Testing, version: postgresql 7.5.12 e phppgadmin 3.5.6-1

My step for installation:

1. Modify the conf: /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf
local all trust
host all 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 trust

2. Add a temp user
# su - postgres
# createuser tmpuser

3. Login and add a real user with password
# psql -U tmpuser template1
and
CREATE USER tommaso WITH PASSWORD 'pippo' CREATEDB CREATEUSER;

4. Modify again the conf: /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf
local all password
host all 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 password

5. try login (with success in a shell)

my /etc/phppgadmin/apache.conf

Alias /phppgadmin /usr/share/phppgadmin/

Options +FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None

order deny,allow
deny from all