Problem running openoffice - missing libraries - Debian

This is a discussion on Problem running openoffice - missing libraries - Debian ; Hi I had OpenOffice.org 2.0 working perfectly on my Debian Etch system until last week (I used alien to create .deb's and then installed them) before I did a bunch of updates to the installation. Now, when I try to ...

  1. Problem running openoffice - missing libraries

    Hi

    I had OpenOffice.org 2.0 working perfectly on my Debian Etch system until
    last week (I used alien to create .deb's and then installed them) before I
    did a bunch of updates to the installation.

    Now, when I try to start openoffice, I get :

    /etc/openoffice.org-2.0/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
    libraries: libvcl680li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
    directory

    What am I missing, and wouldn't apt-get have warned me if I was breaking
    something installed using dpkg ?

    This is kind of urgent.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem running openoffice - missing libraries

    Madhusudan Singh wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I had OpenOffice.org 2.0 working perfectly on my Debian Etch system until
    > last week (I used alien to create .deb's and then installed them) before I
    > did a bunch of updates to the installation.

    I guess I should make it clear that the updates were to the Debian
    installation, not openoffice.

+ Reply to Thread