growisofs missing, k3b - Debian

This is a discussion on growisofs missing, k3b - Debian ; I have a problem with my growisofs program wount be detected by k3b. hollo@wonder:~$ which growisofs /usr/bin/growisofs this proofs that it does exists. i have installed version 5.21 of dvd+rw-tools, and k3b just tells me that i need version 5.10 ...

  1. growisofs missing, k3b

    I have a problem with my growisofs program wount be detected by k3b.

    hollo@wonder:~$ which growisofs
    /usr/bin/growisofs

    this proofs that it does exists.

    i have installed version 5.21 of dvd+rw-tools, and k3b just tells me
    that i need version 5.10 or later..

    any suchestions?

  2. Re: growisofs missing, k3b

    Michael Holm wrote:
    > I have a problem with my growisofs program wount be detected by k3b.
    >
    > hollo@wonder:~$ which growisofs
    > /usr/bin/growisofs
    >
    > this proofs that it does exists.
    >
    > i have installed version 5.21 of dvd+rw-tools, and k3b just tells me
    > that i need version 5.10 or later..
    >
    > any suchestions?

    Hi Michael,

    I had the same issue --

    Two things

    [1] check you have the latest version of k3b if you have recently
    upgraded kde to 3.4

    [2] run k3bsetup and add the full path to /usr/bin/growisofs

    Hope that is of use to you

  3. Re: growisofs missing, k3b

    none wrote:
    > Michael Holm wrote:
    >
    >> I have a problem with my growisofs program wount be detected by k3b.
    >>
    >> hollo@wonder:~$ which growisofs
    >> /usr/bin/growisofs
    >>
    >> this proofs that it does exists.
    >>
    >> i have installed version 5.21 of dvd+rw-tools, and k3b just tells me
    >> that i need version 5.10 or later..
    >>
    >> any suchestions?

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > I had the same issue --
    >
    > Two things
    >
    > [1] check you have the latest version of k3b if you have recently
    > upgraded kde to 3.4
    >
    > [2] run k3bsetup and add the full path to /usr/bin/growisofs
    >
    > Hope that is of use to you

    i found out the problem, that had to do with growisofs wound be started
    as sudo, so i could not use k3b as root.. so, i can now easily burn dvds
    now i just need a great gui for dvdauthor.. or an another frondend of
    making my dvd menues

+ Reply to Thread