starting cupsys - Debian

This is a discussion on starting cupsys - Debian ; I installed deb 3.1 sarge and it is working fine but can't print a test page. On my libanet 2.8.1, a debian distro, when it boots up "cupsys starting" is shown. On sarge, the "cupsys starting" is not shown. How ...

  1. starting cupsys

    I installed deb 3.1 sarge and it is working fine but can't
    print a test page.
    On my libanet 2.8.1, a debian distro, when it boots up
    "cupsys starting" is shown.
    On sarge, the "cupsys starting" is not shown.
    How do I start cupsys in sarge?

    TIA

    jozien

  2. Re: starting cupsys

    > I installed deb 3.1 sarge and it is working fine but can't
    > print a test page.
    > On my libanet 2.8.1, a debian distro, when it boots up
    > "cupsys starting" is shown.
    > On sarge, the "cupsys starting" is not shown.
    > How do I start cupsys in sarge?

    You can start it by doing:

    % sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys start

    --
    Neil.
    The possession of a book becomes a substitute for reading it.

  3. Re: starting cupsys

    Michael Thomas wrote:

    >>>I installed deb 3.1 sarge and it is working fine but can't
    >>>print a test page.
    >>>On my libanet 2.8.1, a debian distro, when it boots up
    >>>"cupsys starting" is shown.
    >>>On sarge, the "cupsys starting" is not shown.
    >>>How do I start cupsys in sarge?

    >>You can start it by doing:
    >>
    >>% sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys start

    > And look into rcconf and update-rc.d to create the symlinks needed to
    > start it at boot, unless you are able to create them yourself.
    >
    > MT

    I tried "# /etc/init.d/cupsys start" and I get the message " cupsys
    started" but still can't print a test page.
    /etc/rc5.d lists "S20cupsys"
    /etc/init.d/cupsys

    Can someone please let me know where I can put "cupsys" so it starts
    cups at boot?

    jozien

  4. Re: starting cupsys

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 00:07:15 -0500, Joe Zien
    wrote:

    >Michael Thomas wrote:

    >>>You can start it by doing:
    >>>
    >>>% sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys start

    >> And look into rcconf and update-rc.d to create the symlinks needed to
    >> start it at boot, unless you are able to create them yourself.
    >>
    >> MT

    >I tried "# /etc/init.d/cupsys start" and I get the message " cupsys
    >started" but still can't print a test page.
    >/etc/rc5.d lists "S20cupsys"
    >/etc/init.d/cupsys

    Sure you got the right dir there, partner? What does the command
    "runlevel" say?

    >Can someone please let me know where I can put "cupsys" so it starts
    >cups at boot?
    >
    >jozien

    Should see this after a boot if you have the symlinks in the same dir
    as the runlevel:

    nitro:/etc/rc2.d# ps -ef|grep cup
    root 20918 1 0 06:30 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd -F
    root 21377 21365 0 21:46 pts/4 00:00:00 grep cup

+ Reply to Thread