indication of link activity - Debian

This is a discussion on indication of link activity - Debian ; When I use a dial up connection on my sarge box, I can put an applet on the task bar that shows the link activity. Is there anything comparable when I use a USB broadband modem to connect to the ...

  1. indication of link activity

    When I use a dial up connection on my sarge box, I can put an applet on the
    task bar that shows the link activity. Is there anything comparable when I
    use a USB broadband modem to connect to the internet? (I've tried looking
    through the applications on the nearest Debian mirror site, but so far
    haven't turned anything up).

    Thanks for any pointers ...
    --
    replace nospam by/with jayo and mould respectively

  2. Re: indication of link activity

    Bill Marcum wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 01:06:40 +0000, D M Walking
    > wrote:
    >> When I use a dial up connection on my sarge box, I can put an applet on
    >> the task bar that shows the link activity. Is there anything comparable
    >> when I use a USB broadband modem to connect to the internet? (I've tried
    >> looking through the applications on the nearest Debian mirror site, but
    >> so far haven't turned anything up).
    >>
    >> Thanks for any pointers ...

    > If you use Gnome, right-click on the end of the panel, select "Add To
    > Panel" and "Network Monitor".

    Also gkrellm will show network activity (among other things).

    --
    Rgds,

    Elwood

+ Reply to Thread