Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112 - CP/M

This is a discussion on Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112 - CP/M ; Hi folks! I'd love to run the above on my P112. I have a DOS PC with 5.25 and 3.5 disks and a Tandy Model 4 with Montezuma CP/M (which I believe did all sorts of cool things with CP/M ...

  1. Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    Hi folks!

    I'd love to run the above on my P112. I have a DOS PC with 5.25 and
    3.5 disks and a Tandy Model 4 with Montezuma CP/M (which I believe did
    all sorts of cool things with CP/M disk formats). Regrettably, I have
    no clue where to begin finding and converting such.

    Would someone please send or post explicit instructions on what to do?
    Alternatively, I'd pay a nominal fee via PayPal for somebody to make up
    P112 disk image(s) with the above. Modula-2 would be cool, too, but I
    don't want to be greedy.

    Thanks.

    -Dave

    dlowry __at__ mn __dot__ rr __dot__ com

  2. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    Hi Dave,

    What's exactly what you want? An MS-DOS disk image with a pascal
    version that runs under CP/M (need to transfer yourself to the P112)? I
    do have forth and pascal somewhere, but it sounds like for you it's not
    easy to transfer them to P112?

    OK, just let us know!
    Michel

    www.xiac.com

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi folks!
    >
    > I'd love to run the above on my P112. I have a DOS PC with 5.25 and
    > 3.5 disks and a Tandy Model 4 with Montezuma CP/M (which I believe did
    > all sorts of cool things with CP/M disk formats). Regrettably, I have
    > no clue where to begin finding and converting such.
    >
    > Would someone please send or post explicit instructions on what to do?
    > Alternatively, I'd pay a nominal fee via PayPal for somebody to make up
    > P112 disk image(s) with the above. Modula-2 would be cool, too, but I
    > don't want to be greedy.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Dave
    >
    > dlowry __at__ mn __dot__ rr __dot__ com

  3. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    Dave wrote:

    > Hi folks!
    >
    > I'd love to run the above on my P112. I have a DOS PC with 5.25 and
    > 3.5 disks and a Tandy Model 4 with Montezuma CP/M (which I believe did
    > all sorts of cool things with CP/M disk formats). Regrettably, I have
    > no clue where to begin finding and converting such.

    -----------------------
    Gee, you can download TurboPascal and a bunch of Forths that run on
    CP/M lately, Lisp I don't know, but what's you're real problem here?
    Any up and running P112 will do this, what's wrong? Do you not know
    how to get a modem program going, or how to send files back and forth?

    > Would someone please send or post explicit instructions on what to do?
    > Alternatively, I'd pay a nominal fee via PayPal for somebody to make up
    > P112 disk image(s) with the above. Modula-2 would be cool, too, but I
    > don't want to be greedy.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > -Dave
    >
    > dlowry __at__ mn __dot__ rr __dot__ com

    ------------------------
    ?????

    -Steve
    --
    -Steve Walz rstevew@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
    Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!

  4. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    R. Steve Walz wrote:
    > Dave wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi folks!
    > >
    > > I'd love to run the above on my P112. I have a DOS PC with 5.25 and
    > > 3.5 disks and a Tandy Model 4 with Montezuma CP/M (which I believe did
    > > all sorts of cool things with CP/M disk formats). Regrettably, I have
    > > no clue where to begin finding and converting such.

    > -----------------------
    > Gee, you can download TurboPascal and a bunch of Forths that run on
    > CP/M lately, Lisp I don't know, but what's you're real problem here?
    > Any up and running P112 will do this, what's wrong? Do you not know
    > how to get a modem program going, or how to send files back and forth?
    >

    > > Would someone please send or post explicit instructions on what to do?
    > > Alternatively, I'd pay a nominal fee via PayPal for somebody to make up
    > > P112 disk image(s) with the above. Modula-2 would be cool, too, but I
    > > don't want to be greedy.
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > -Dave
    > >
    > > dlowry __at__ mn __dot__ rr __dot__ com

    > ------------------------
    > ?????
    >
    > -Steve
    > --
    > -Steve Walz rstevew@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
    > Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
    > http://www.armory.com/~rstevew or http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public

    Steve, thanks for the reply but how about posting something helpful? I
    thought I was pretty clear about my newbie status. No, I *don't* know
    how to get a modem program going. My first instinct was to write, from
    the PC, a CP/M floppy so I could copy to my hard drive.

    As it stands, I was able to get a CD-ROM hooked up to the GIDE from
    Terry G. and copy off that.

    Please try and be more respectful of beginners.

    -Dave

  5. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    Dave wrote:

    > R. Steve Walz wrote:
    > > Dave wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi folks!
    > > >
    > > > I'd love to run the above on my P112. I have a DOS PC with 5.25 and
    > > > 3.5 disks and a Tandy Model 4 with Montezuma CP/M (which I believe did
    > > > all sorts of cool things with CP/M disk formats). Regrettably, I have
    > > > no clue where to begin finding and converting such.

    > > -----------------------
    > > Gee, you can download TurboPascal and a bunch of Forths that run on
    > > CP/M lately, Lisp I don't know, but what's you're real problem here?
    > > Any up and running P112 will do this, what's wrong? Do you not know
    > > how to get a modem program going, or how to send files back and forth?
    > >

    > > > Would someone please send or post explicit instructions on what to do?
    > > > Alternatively, I'd pay a nominal fee via PayPal for somebody to make up
    > > > P112 disk image(s) with the above. Modula-2 would be cool, too, but I
    > > > don't want to be greedy.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.
    > > >
    > > > -Dave
    > > >
    > > > dlowry __at__ mn __dot__ rr __dot__ com

    > > ------------------------
    > > ?????
    > >
    > > -Steve
    > > --

    > Steve, thanks for the reply but how about posting something helpful? I
    > thought I was pretty clear about my newbie status. No, I *don't* know
    > how to get a modem program going. My first instinct was to write, from
    > the PC, a CP/M floppy so I could copy to my hard drive.
    >
    > As it stands, I was able to get a CD-ROM hooked up to the GIDE from
    > Terry G. and copy off that.
    >
    > Please try and be more respectful of beginners.
    >
    > -Dave

    --------------------
    Please don't get me wrong here, no disrespect for beginners at all!
    Far be it!

    Ee just need to know what spot you're coming from, do you even HAVE
    a PC, do you have CP/M up and running, do you know how to use DDT
    to send hex files across the serial port, or do you already have a
    modem program so you can use the serial port? Sure, you can make a
    disk on PC, maybe that'sthe easiest, but once you get your modem
    program moved over you could send anything you need across the serial
    cable from your Net-PC. Sort of a CP/M network node.

    So now did you get what you wanted off the CD-ROM?

    My queries were not intended to insult.
    -Steve
    --
    -Steve Walz rstevew@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
    Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
    http://www.armory.com/~rstevew or http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public

  6. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    Steve, my apologies; must have been having a bad day.

    Yes, I have a PC. Hyperterm is the 'console' for my CP/M board.

    I know nothing about DDT. Presumably there's a serial comms program on
    the CP/M side that will let me do z,y,zmodem transfers to the PC?

    Yes, I got what I wanted off the CD, but I'd really appreciate knowing
    about another transfer method.

    Thanks, and again, sorry about the testy response.

    -Dave

  7. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    On 26 Feb 2006 08:10:28 -0800, "Dave" wrote:

    >Steve, my apologies; must have been having a bad day.
    >
    >Yes, I have a PC. Hyperterm is the 'console' for my CP/M board.
    >
    >I know nothing about DDT. Presumably there's a serial comms program on
    >the CP/M side that will let me do z,y,zmodem transfers to the PC?

    Yes there is and likely several on the CD. HOWEVER, most of those
    programs have to be tweeked for the specific system and you have to
    get it on the system (p112) first!

    The easiest trick is to edit PIP (there is space) to use the second
    serial port for download/upload. Do a search on PIPMODEM. The
    only caveat is the info to be moved must not be binary. The latter is
    fixed using a a binary to hex translator UNLOAD.COM (on the net or WC
    CD). Generally this is less an issue as once I've got asm/ddt/load
    on the target system I transfer files as source and reassemble them.

    >Yes, I got what I wanted off the CD, but I'd really appreciate knowing
    >about another transfer method.

    There are many ways. Easiest is using a program on the PC that will
    write a compatable floppy for the P112 (I to this). Or in the case of
    my Amprolb I have a provided program that can read DOS 360/5.25"
    or 720/3.5" floppies (wish I could find source for that too!). It's
    not rocket science to do a protocal like Xmodem as a transfer tool
    either.

    Allison

  8. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    "R. Steve Walz" wrote:

    .... snip ...

    > Ee just need to know what spot you're coming from, do you even HAVE
    > a PC, do you have CP/M up and running, do you know how to use DDT
    > to send hex files across the serial port, or do you already have a
    > modem program so you can use the serial port? Sure, you can make a
    > disk on PC, maybe that'sthe easiest, but once you get your modem
    > program moved over you could send anything you need across the serial
    > cable from your Net-PC. Sort of a CP/M network node.

    Sounds like gross misuse of DDT.

    More details at:
    Also see

  9. Re: Forth, Turbo Pascal, and Lisp for P112

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > "R. Steve Walz" wrote:
    > >

    > ... snip ...
    > >
    > > Ee just need to know what spot you're coming from, do you even HAVE
    > > a PC, do you have CP/M up and running, do you know how to use DDT
    > > to send hex files across the serial port, or do you already have a
    > > modem program so you can use the serial port? Sure, you can make a
    > > disk on PC, maybe that'sthe easiest, but once you get your modem
    > > program moved over you could send anything you need across the serial
    > > cable from your Net-PC. Sort of a CP/M network node.

    > Sounds like gross misuse of DDT.

    Sorry, meant to write PIP *AND* DDT.

    -Steve
    --
    -Steve Walz rstevew@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
    Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
    http://www.armory.com/~rstevew or http://www.armory.com/~rstevew/Public

+ Reply to Thread