z80 dos on 8080? - CP/M

This is a discussion on z80 dos on 8080? - CP/M ; Hey, I thought for the fun of it I would boot Z3plus on the AltairZ80 emulator with the CPU set to 8080. I thought it would crash and burn, but it worked. Z80 dos also worked in this mode. What ...

  1. z80 dos on 8080?

    Hey, I thought for the fun of it I would boot Z3plus on the AltairZ80
    emulator with the CPU set to 8080. I thought it would crash and burn,
    but it worked. Z80 dos also worked in this mode. What is up with that?

  2. Re: z80 dos on 8080?

    On 20 Feb 2006 10:01:44 -0800, big_d_316@yahoo.com wrote:

    >Hey, I thought for the fun of it I would boot Z3plus on the AltairZ80
    >emulator with the CPU set to 8080. I thought it would crash and burn,
    >but it worked. Z80 dos also worked in this mode. What is up with that?

    Real simple the z80 is a superset of 8080. However the Z3plus and DOS
    are not 100% z80 code. If you poke at it enough and the emulator is
    honest it will break.

    Allison

+ Reply to Thread