RAM disk clone and RTC (need help) - CP/M

This is a discussion on RAM disk clone and RTC (need help) - CP/M ; The RAM disk clone with real time clock design is finished. Next step to to do a wire-wrap prototype board. At $50.00 US a pop for prototype PCB's (no solder mask or silkscreen) I want to be sure it will ...

  1. RAM disk clone and RTC (need help)

    The RAM disk clone with real time clock design is finished. Next step
    to to do a wire-wrap prototype board. At $50.00 US a pop for prototype
    PCB's (no solder mask or silkscreen) I want to be sure it will work
    before blowing my money. :-) I think I have the Kenmore compatable real
    time clock implemented correctly but I need to look at any driver
    programs or BIOS mods to be sure it will work. I know the circuit will
    work but I want to be sure.

    When it's all finished I will make the schematic and PCB files
    available to anybody that wants them. If anybody is curious 10 finished
    boards with solder mask and silk screen will cost about $450.00 US or
    $45.00 each.

    The specs as they now stand:

    1. One RAM drive with 256K, 512k or 1024K.
    or
    2. Two RAM drives with 256K or 1024K each.

    3. Kenmore compatable real time clock (I hope). :-)

    All the memory and real time clock are battery backed.

    The board mounts in a K10 in the same place, and replaces, the adaptor
    board for the hard drive interface. Should work in K2-84, K4-84 and
    K10-84 as well as the K10-83 systems.

    Don

  2. Re: RAM disk clone and RTC (need help)

    On 17 Feb 2006 12:08:59 -0800, "Don" wrote:

    >The RAM disk clone with real time clock design is finished. Next step
    >to to do a wire-wrap prototype board. At $50.00 US a pop for prototype
    >PCB's (no solder mask or silkscreen) I want to be sure it will work
    >before blowing my money. :-) I think I have the Kenmore compatable real
    >time clock implemented correctly but I need to look at any driver
    >programs or BIOS mods to be sure it will work. I know the circuit will
    >work but I want to be sure.
    >
    >When it's all finished I will make the schematic and PCB files
    >available to anybody that wants them. If anybody is curious 10 finished
    >boards with solder mask and silk screen will cost about $450.00 US or
    >$45.00 each.
    >
    >The specs as they now stand:
    >
    >1. One RAM drive with 256K, 512k or 1024K.
    > or
    >2. Two RAM drives with 256K or 1024K each.
    >
    >3. Kenmore compatable real time clock (I hope). :-)
    >
    >All the memory and real time clock are battery backed.
    >
    >The board mounts in a K10 in the same place, and replaces, the adaptor
    >board for the hard drive interface. Should work in K2-84, K4-84 and
    >K10-84 as well as the K10-83 systems.
    >
    >Don

    Great work Don.

    I look forward to the results.

    If you are interested in sharing design in current form, I will try
    wire wrap project.

    Brian

  3. Re: RAM disk clone and RTC (need help)

    Thanks Brian,

    I have started a wire-wrap board myself. As soon as I get it built and
    checked out I will e-mail you a schematic. At this point I don't want
    others chasing down my bugs, if any. :-) I found a RadioShack
    proto-board that is almost the same size as the adaptor board that goes
    between the main board and the WD1002 controller. I can fit everything,
    including the hard drive interface decoder circuit on this board. I'll
    keep you posted.

    Don

+ Reply to Thread