figFORTH for 8080 improved - CP/M

This is a discussion on figFORTH for 8080 improved - CP/M ; The assembler didn't work correct, NEXT address was wrong. Added a few NOP's to release 1.1 to get NEXT at the same address as in 1.3. Added some assembler examples to test the thing with 1.1 and 1.3, does work ...

  1. figFORTH for 8080 improved

    The assembler didn't work correct, NEXT address was wrong. Added a few
    NOP's to release 1.1 to get NEXT at the same address as in 1.3.

    Added some assembler examples to test the thing with 1.1 and 1.3, does
    work correct now. Undocumented FORTH words with inline 8080 assembler...
    lovely... go figure ;-)

    Disk images are available at http://www.unix4fun.org/z80pack/

    Enjoy,
    Udo Munk
    --
    The fun is building it and then using it.

  2. Re: figFORTH for 8080 improved

    On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 10:32:53 +0200, Udo Munk wrote:

    > The assembler didn't work correct, NEXT address was wrong. Added a few
    > NOP's to release 1.1 to get NEXT at the same address as in 1.3.

    And another one. While adding some more screens with 1.3 I noticed
    that the block management isn't working. A look at the sources shows that
    someone tried to use 1024 byte buffers. I changed that back to 128 byte
    buffers and now it works correct.
    I doubt that is was distributed by F.I.G in this condition, usually their
    code was OK. I don't know yet if the 1.3 release was supposed to work with
    1024 byte buffers and what was broken. Whatever, disk image is updated.

    Enjoy,
    Udo Munk
    --
    The fun is building it and then using it.

+ Reply to Thread