Improved CP/M 3 sources released - CP/M

This is a discussion on Improved CP/M 3 sources released - CP/M ; at http://www.unix4fun.org/z80pack/ Utils: Building trace.utl and hist.utl was missing so far, I had to figure out from the sources how they are build. Submit script included. Boot: The boot loader for CP/M 3 was a quick hack from my CP/M ...

  1. Improved CP/M 3 sources released

    at http://www.unix4fun.org/z80pack/

    Utils:
    Building trace.utl and hist.utl was missing so far, I had to figure
    out from the sources how they are build. Submit script included.

    Boot:
    The boot loader for CP/M 3 was a quick hack from my CP/M 2 boot loader.
    It just loaded the first 2 tracks, which is way to much because cpmldr
    fits on the first track of a 8" SD disk. That worked, but is no good
    style, better version included.

    Cpmldr:
    Caldera added a bunch of linefeeds in front of the greeting message.
    I have no idea why that was done, the original DRI code didn't do that.
    It was going on my nerves, the lf's are removed.

    Bios:
    The BIOS now first tries to load ccp from the file a:ccp.com. If that
    file isn't there it loads ccp from track 1 of disk A: Is up to you now
    if you load ccp from a file or from the system tracks.
    Added the code for the auxiliary device, so CP/M 3 pip now also can
    send/receive to/from the UNIX host. Pip 3 syntax is:

    pip aux:=file.txt for sending
    pip file.txt=aux: for receiving

    Added submit script using CP/M 2 sysgen to write boot loader, cpmldr and
    ccp to the system tracks.

    Build instructions at the web site are updated, please let me know
    if you have problems.

    Future version of z80pack will include updated CP/M 3 disk images,
    if you want it right now you've to get the sources and build it
    your self, which you should do anyway IMHO.

    Enjoy,
    Udo Munk
    --
    The fun is building it and then using it.

  2. Re: Improved CP/M 3 sources released

    Udo Munk wrote:
    : Cpmldr:
    : Caldera added a bunch of linefeeds in front of the greeting message.
    : I have no idea why that was done, the original DRI code didn't do that.
    : It was going on my nerves, the lf's are removed.

    Just to make it clear, that wasn't one of the changes I made when I did
    the 1998 update and changed the copyright messages to Caldera. It was like
    that in the original code (with 1982 copyright messages) that Caldera
    released.

    --
    John Elliott

  3. Re: Improved CP/M 3 sources released

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:25:10 +0100, John Elliott wrote:

    > Udo Munk wrote:
    > : Cpmldr:
    > : Caldera added a bunch of linefeeds in front of the greeting message.
    > : I have no idea why that was done, the original DRI code didn't do that.
    > : It was going on my nerves, the lf's are removed.
    >
    > Just to make it clear, that wasn't one of the changes I made when I did
    > the 1998 update and changed the copyright messages to Caldera. It was like
    > that in the original code (with 1982 copyright messages) that Caldera
    > released.

    Nevermind, is corrected, that's what source are for.

    Udo Munk
    --
    The fun is building it and then using it.

+ Reply to Thread