FOG Archivers or Librarians - CP/M

This is a discussion on FOG Archivers or Librarians - CP/M ; I bought out a collection in Florida, and have run across quite a few original FOG disks. Is there someone maintaining an archive of these? I would be more than happy to send the originals to whomever this archiver is. ...

  1. FOG Archivers or Librarians

    I bought out a collection in Florida, and have run across quite a few
    original FOG disks. Is there someone maintaining an archive of these?
    I would be more than happy to send the originals to whomever this archiver
    is.

    This is not a solicitation for a sale, so don't ask if you are not
    archiving them for the greater good of CP/M-dom, and just want to add to
    your collection. I want these to be out there, and available.

    if someone is archiving, maybe a list of what I have, or what they are
    missing can be created, and I can supply the missing ones. Of course, I;d
    rather hand them all over, or they'll end up being used as blanks.

    Along the same course, I have a pile about a foot high of original FOG
    newletters, that I have been carrying with me for years: same offer.
    If anyone is scanning or doing anything archival with these, let me know as
    well.

    Tony

    sharkonwheels -at% n0spa|\/|gmail.com

  2. Re: FOG Archivers or Librarians

    On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 06:27:02 +0000, Tony wrote:

    > I bought out a collection in Florida, and have run across quite a few
    > original FOG disks. Is there someone maintaining an archive of these?
    > I would be more than happy to send the originals to whomever this archiver
    > is.

    The FOG disks are archived at http://www.znode51.de/fog/
    You might want to talk to Gaby and check with her, if you got disks not
    archived yet.

    Udo Munk
    --
    The fun is building it and then using it.

  3. Re: FOG Archivers or Librarians

    Udo Munk wrote:
    > On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 06:27:02 +0000, Tony wrote:
    >
    >> I bought out a collection in Florida, and have run across quite a few
    >> original FOG disks. Is there someone maintaining an archive of these?
    >> I would be more than happy to send the originals to whomever this archiver
    >> is.

    > The FOG disks are archived at http://www.znode51.de/fog/
    > You might want to talk to Gaby and check with her, if you got disks not
    > archived yet.
    >
    > Udo Munk

    What remained of the collection from the original FOG was donated to the Computer
    History Museum last year, and I've read several hundred discs from that collection.

    Images can be found at http://bitsavers.org/bits/Users_Groups/FOG/

    There were also some discs from the Eastbay Micromate User's Group included

    Images can be found at http://bitsavers.org/bits/Users_Groups/EBMMUG/

  4. Re: FOG Archivers or Librarians

    Al Kossow wrote in

    > Udo Munk wrote:
    >> The FOG disks are archived at http://www.znode51.de/fog/
    >> You might want to talk to Gaby and check with her, if you got disks
    >> not archived yet.
    >>
    >> Udo Munk

    > What remained of the collection from the original FOG was donated to
    > the Computer History Museum last year, and I've read several hundred
    > discs from that collection.
    >
    > Images can be found at http://bitsavers.org/bits/Users_Groups/FOG/
    >
    > There were also some discs from the Eastbay Micromate User's Group
    > included
    >
    > Images can be found at http://bitsavers.org/bits/Users_Groups/EBMMUG/

    Actually, it looks like Al's already nailed ALL of them!!!

    Tremendous job, Al - You've put in quite a ton of work on all these vintage
    systems, and just thought I'd say thanks!

    Tony

    sharkonwheels +at= n0spa|\/|gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread