Housecleaning / garage cleaning... some nice toys available - CP/M

This is a discussion on Housecleaning / garage cleaning... some nice toys available - CP/M ; I've lost my house due to the forclosure mess, so have to be out in less than a month... For sale ... Pickup in the Los Angeles area or pay the shipping. Two spare Imsai front panels... with the red ...

  1. Housecleaning / garage cleaning... some nice toys available

    I've lost my house due to the forclosure mess, so have to be out in
    less than a month...

    For sale ... Pickup in the Los Angeles area or pay the shipping.

    Two spare Imsai front panels... with the red and blue toggles....

    Original ST506 hard drive, still in the original styrofoam
    5mb, 180-odd cylinders, a DC power hog.
    Even has the teletype-printed bad block table in the plastic
    pocket on the side of the drive.

    System 1) Altair Computer
    Altair dual 8" drive cabinet
    Lots of Altair manuals

    System 2) Imasi computer
    two metal drive cabinets cabinets each with two 8 inch drives
    computer has a 2mb Semidisk board - makes a program
    compilations that used take 27 minutes finish in 20-30 seconds.
    Yes, I had a 47,000 line asembly language program that boiled
    down to 47kb of PROM...

    Separate box) Larry Niven's Altair (yes, THAT Larry Niven - the
    science fiction writer)
    I picked it up as potential spare parts for mine, then found the Imasi
    (which
    has a MUCH better design, and a much better power supply)
    I never powered this unit up, I do not know if it is even complete.
    Larry has offered to sign a certificate of authenticity....

  2. Re: Housecleaning / garage cleaning... some nice toys available

    So... Give us some contact info!

    wrote in message
    news:1188758815.700689.55720@y42g2000hsy.googlegro ups.com...
    > I've lost my house due to the forclosure mess, so have to be out in
    > less than a month...
    >
    > For sale ... Pickup in the Los Angeles area or pay the shipping.
    >
    > Two spare Imsai front panels... with the red and blue toggles....
    >
    > Original ST506 hard drive, still in the original styrofoam
    > 5mb, 180-odd cylinders, a DC power hog.
    > Even has the teletype-printed bad block table in the plastic
    > pocket on the side of the drive.
    >
    > System 1) Altair Computer
    > Altair dual 8" drive cabinet
    > Lots of Altair manuals
    >
    > System 2) Imasi computer
    > two metal drive cabinets cabinets each with two 8 inch drives
    > computer has a 2mb Semidisk board - makes a program
    > compilations that used take 27 minutes finish in 20-30 seconds.
    > Yes, I had a 47,000 line asembly language program that boiled
    > down to 47kb of PROM...
    >
    > Separate box) Larry Niven's Altair (yes, THAT Larry Niven - the
    > science fiction writer)
    > I picked it up as potential spare parts for mine, then found the Imasi
    > (which
    > has a MUCH better design, and a much better power supply)
    > I never powered this unit up, I do not know if it is even complete.
    > Larry has offered to sign a certificate of authenticity....

+ Reply to Thread