Re: Intel 8086 opcodes - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Intel 8086 opcodes - CP/M ; >Message-ID: s_dubrovich@yahoo.com wrote: > On Aug 28, 6:25 am, roche...@laposte.net wrote: > > about the exact patterns of the Intel 8086 opcodes? > > http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm Annoyingly, that's got quite a few errors in it. For instance it claims 2E is ...

  1. Re: Intel 8086 opcodes

    s_dubrovich@yahoo.com wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 6:25 am, roche...@laposte.net wrote:
    > > about the exact patterns of the Intel 8086 opcodes?

    > http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm

    Annoyingly, that's got quite a few errors in it. For instance it
    claims 2E is DS: prefix (it's CS, 38-3D are XOR (they are CMP).

    I've been playing around with my assembler again and have managed
    to get it to produce http://mdfs.net/Docs/Comp/80x86/OpDump
    I still haven't worked out how to get 80 C0.. sequences or 82..
    sequences.

    I'm reading through the posting on alt.lang.asm to see if that
    throws any extra light on things.

    --
    J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    The most perfect world is an imperfect world as the imperfections

  2. Re: Intel 8086 opcodes

    Hello, Jonathan!

    > >http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm

    > Annoyingly, that's got quite a few errors in it. For instance it
    > claims 2E is DS: prefix (it's CS, 38-3D are XOR (they are CMP).

    Interesting... But the title of the manual says: "80186"...

    So, this is not exactly 8086.

    Anyway, I am waiting the 1981 Intel manual. This one should be
    relevant (I hope!).

    Yours Sincerely,
    Mr Emmanuel Roche

  3. Re: Intel 8086 opcodes

    On Sep 1, 9:27 am, roche...@laposte.net wrote:
    > Hello, Jonathan!
    >
    > > >http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm

    > > Annoyingly, that's got quite a few errors in it. For instance it
    > > claims 2E is DS: prefix (it's CS, 38-3D are XOR (they are CMP).

    > Interesting... But the title of the manual says: "80186"...
    >
    > So, this is not exactly 8086.
    >
    > Anyway, I am waiting the 1981 Intel manual. This one should be
    > relevant (I hope!).
    >
    > Yours Sincerely,
    > Mr Emmanuel Roche

    It is a combination manual, just as my manual for the 8080 is
    8080/8085. There are only a few differences, one is that the 80186
    has the opcodes pusha & popa (push all & pop all).

    Steve

  4. Re: Intel 8086 opcodes

    s_dubrovich@yahoo.com wrote:
    > roche...@laposte.net wrote:

    .... snip ...

    >> Interesting... But the title of the manual says: "80186"...
    >>
    >> So, this is not exactly 8086.
    >>
    >> Anyway, I am waiting the 1981 Intel manual. This one should be
    >> relevant (I hope!).

    > It is a combination manual, just as my manual for the 8080 is
    > 8080/8085. There are only a few differences, one is that the 80186
    > has the opcodes pusha & popa (push all & pop all).

    And the 80186/8 had a collection of added hardware built in. The
    CPU was compatible with 8086/8.