Re: Intel 8086 opcodes - CP/M

This is a discussion on Re: Intel 8086 opcodes - CP/M ; >Message-ID: s_dubrovich@yahoo.com wrote: > http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm > > It has the opcode construction tables in the appendixes. And the 8087 I'll grab that, thanks. > start: jmp end > start2: jmp end > end: nop > The two instructions 'jmp end' ...

  1. Re: Intel 8086 opcodes

    s_dubrovich@yahoo.com wrote:
    > http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm
    >
    > It has the opcode construction tables in the appendixes. And the 8087

    I'll grab that, thanks.

    > start: jmp end
    > start2: jmp end
    > end: nop
    > The two instructions 'jmp end' will yield different byte strings
    > because 'start:' is further from 'end:' than 'start2:' is.

    There are some instruction sequences I just couldn't work out how
    to get my assembler to issue.
    http://mdfs.net/Docs/Comp/80x86/OpDump is what I managed some
    months ago when I was last messing about with it.

    --
    J.G.Harston - jgh@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    BBC IDE Hard Drive Interface - http://mdfs.net/Info/Comp/BBC/IDE

  2. Re: Intel 8086 opcodes

    On Aug 30, 8:09 am, j...@arcade.demon.co.uk (Jonathan Graham Harston)
    wrote:
    > s_dubrov...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > >http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/manuals/270950.htm

    > > It has the opcode construction tables in the appendixes. And the 8087

    > I'll grab that, thanks.
    >
    > > start: jmp end
    > > start2: jmp end
    > > end: nop
    > > The two instructions 'jmp end' will yield different byte strings
    > > because 'start:' is further from 'end:' than 'start2:' is.

    > There are some instruction sequences I just couldn't work out how
    > to get my assembler to issue.http://mdfs.net/Docs/Comp/80x86/OpDumpis what I managed some
    > months ago when I was last messing about with it.
    >
    > --
    > J.G.Harston - j...@arcade.demon.co.uk - mdfs.net/User/JGH
    > BBC IDE Hard Drive Interface -http://mdfs.net/Info/Comp/BBC/IDE

    I haven't checked out your reference yet, but I wanted to post this
    reference while I have it handy. It is a look at the instruction set
    through the eyes of Octal, perhaps you've considered this..

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....019e5471c90dc3

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread