bus buffers - CP/M

This is a discussion on bus buffers - CP/M ; What bus buffer do people use today, especially for S-100. It seems that the 8T97 isn't available, and the 74LS367 can sink much less current than the 8T97, though the pinout is right. Is there a good, high current, buffer ...

  1. bus buffers

    What bus buffer do people use today, especially for S-100.

    It seems that the 8T97 isn't available, and the 74LS367 can
    sink much less current than the 8T97, though the pinout is
    right. Is there a good, high current, buffer available?

    -- glen

  2. Re: bus buffers

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:51:55 -0800, glen herrmannsfeldt
    wrote:

    >What bus buffer do people use today, especially for S-100.
    >
    >It seems that the 8T97 isn't available, and the 74LS367 can
    >sink much less current than the 8T97, though the pinout is
    >right. Is there a good, high current, buffer available?

    74367, 74ls244, 74ls241 are ones I commonly use and boards
    I have often use.

    Allison

    >-- glen

  3. Re: bus buffers

    no.spam@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote:

    (I wrote)

    >>It seems that the 8T97 isn't available, and the 74LS367 can
    >>sink much less current than the 8T97, though the pinout is
    >>right. Is there a good, high current, buffer available?

    > 74367, 74ls244, 74ls241 are ones I commonly use and boards
    > I have often use.

    The original TTL series, including the 74367, seems to be
    impossible to find. LS and S aren't so hard, though.

    The 74LS367 is a little low on output current sink.
    The 74S244 will probably do, though.

    I thought there might be one that I was just missing.

    thanks,

    -- glen

  4. Re: bus buffers

    On Aug 28, 8:45 pm, glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
    > no.s...@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
    >
    > (I wrote)
    >
    > >>It seems that the 8T97 isn't available, and the 74LS367 can
    > >>sink much less current than the 8T97, though the pinout is
    > >>right. Is there a good, high current, buffer available?

    > > 74367, 74ls244, 74ls241 are ones I commonly use and boards
    > > I have often use.

    > The original TTL series, including the 74367, seems to be
    > impossible to find. LS and S aren't so hard, though.
    >
    > The 74LS367 is a little low on output current sink.
    > The 74S244 will probably do, though.
    >
    > I thought there might be one that I was just missing.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > -- glen

    I recommend some of these:

    http://unicornelectronics.com/IC/INTERFACE.html

    Thanks!

    Andrew Lynch

  5. Re: bus buffers

    On Aug 28, 5:45 pm, glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
    > no.s...@no.uce.bellatlantic.net wrote:
    >
    > (I wrote)
    >
    > >>It seems that the 8T97 isn't available, and the 74LS367 can
    > >>sink much less current than the 8T97, though the pinout is
    > >>right. Is there a good, high current, buffer available?

    > > 74367, 74ls244, 74ls241 are ones I commonly use and boards
    > > I have often use.

    > The original TTL series, including the 74367, seems to be
    > impossible to find. LS and S aren't so hard, though.
    >
    > The 74LS367 is a little low on output current sink.
    > The 74S244 will probably do, though.
    >
    > I thought there might be one that I was just missing.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > -- glen

    take a look at the 74abth series. High current wirh bus hold

    -Howard

+ Reply to Thread