Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while - CP/M

This is a discussion on Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while - CP/M ; Argh! My fileserver just ate itself. This means that the unofficial mirror of the P112 web site that I've been hosting is offline at least until I get it back up; probably for a few days. This also means I ...

  1. Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while

    Argh! My fileserver just ate itself. This means that the unofficial mirror
    of the P112 web site that I've been hosting is offline at least until I
    get it back up; probably for a few days. This also means I won't be
    receiving e-mail for a few days.

    The fileserver was running NetBSD. All of the directories actually critical
    to system operation (/sbin, /bin/, /etc, /var) are corrupt. User data
    seems to still be there, so I'll probably still HAVE the mirror, but I'll
    have to rebuild the OS underneath it.

    In the couple of days since I've received my P112 kit:

    - My wife's PC has died (fan on the motherboard chipset siezed and let
    all the magic smoke out).
    - My fileserver has eaten itself.

    Clearly, the PCs feel threatened.

    --
    Roger Ivie
    rivie@ridgenet.net

  2. Re: Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while

    On 2006-01-08, rivie@ridgenet.net wrote:
    > Argh! My fileserver just ate itself. This means that the unofficial mirror
    > of the P112 web site that I've been hosting is offline at least until I
    > get it back up; probably for a few days. This also means I won't be
    > receiving e-mail for a few days.
    >
    > The fileserver was running NetBSD. All of the directories actually critical
    > to system operation (/sbin, /bin/, /etc, /var) are corrupt. User data
    > seems to still be there, so I'll probably still HAVE the mirror, but I'll
    > have to rebuild the OS underneath it.
    >
    > In the couple of days since I've received my P112 kit:
    >
    > - My wife's PC has died (fan on the motherboard chipset siezed and let
    > all the magic smoke out).
    > - My fileserver has eaten itself.
    >
    > Clearly, the PCs feel threatened.

    And the monitor on the PC at church died. I'm not sure why that one
    would feel threatened; I'm not planning on running church stuff on
    the P112...

    --
    Roger (feeling a bit edgy at the moment) Ivie
    rivie@ridgenet.net

  3. Re: Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while

    rivie@ridgenet.net wrote:
    >> In the couple of days since I've received my P112 kit:
    >>
    >> - My wife's PC has died (fan on the motherboard chipset siezed and let
    >> all the magic smoke out).
    >> - My fileserver has eaten itself.
    >>
    >> Clearly, the PCs feel threatened.

    > And the monitor on the PC at church died. I'm not sure why that one
    > would feel threatened; I'm not planning on running church stuff on
    > the P112...

    Maybe the church computer owed your wife's machine a favor.

    --
    David Griffith

  4. Re: Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while

    In article , rivie@ridgenet.net
    wrote:

    > On 2006-01-08, rivie@ridgenet.net wrote:
    > > Argh! My fileserver just ate itself. This means that the unofficial mirror
    > > of the P112 web site that I've been hosting is offline at least until I
    > > get it back up; probably for a few days. This also means I won't be
    > > receiving e-mail for a few days.
    > >
    > > The fileserver was running NetBSD. All of the directories actually critical
    > > to system operation (/sbin, /bin/, /etc, /var) are corrupt. User data
    > > seems to still be there, so I'll probably still HAVE the mirror, but I'll
    > > have to rebuild the OS underneath it.
    > >
    > > In the couple of days since I've received my P112 kit:
    > >
    > > - My wife's PC has died (fan on the motherboard chipset siezed and let
    > > all the magic smoke out).
    > > - My fileserver has eaten itself.
    > >
    > > Clearly, the PCs feel threatened.

    > And the monitor on the PC at church died. I'm not sure why that one
    > would feel threatened; I'm not planning on running church stuff on
    > the P112...
    >
    > --
    > Roger (feeling a bit edgy at the moment) Ivie
    > rivie@ridgenet.net

    Since it looks like your world wont allow the P112 to exist, send it to
    me since i dont have one yet.

    My place would be more accepting .. i have over 30 retro machines, all
    over the place. Everyone gets their turn, no jealousy here

    heh

  5. Re: Argh! P112 mirror site down for a while

    OK, my machine is back up far enough to allow me place the P112 mirror
    back on-line. Those of you that cannot get to Dave's page can find my
    mirror at http://anachronda.webhop.org/~p112/

    It'll be a bit iffy through the weekend as I try to bring more stuff up.
    --
    Roger Ivie
    rivie@ridgenet.net

+ Reply to Thread