How does CP/M refer to disk volumes? - CP/M

This is a discussion on How does CP/M refer to disk volumes? - CP/M ; Thomas "Todd" Fischer wrote: >Just a bit of insight here from my perspective as one of the documented >"pioneers" of personal computing... Not wanting to start a flame war here...I really want to know. Something does not compute here. A ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: How does CP/M refer to disk volumes?

    Thomas "Todd" Fischer wrote:

    >Just a bit of insight here from my perspective as one of the documented
    >"pioneers" of personal computing...

    Not wanting to start a flame war here...I really want to know.

    Something does not compute here. A poster claiming to be Thomas "Todd"
    Fischer of IMSAI, Fischer-Freitas and _War Games_, and yet he doesn't
    know not to top-post when posting to USENET? I can't believe that the
    real Todd Fischer would make such a newbie error. Please don't be
    offended, but are you an imposter?

  2. Re: How does CP/M refer to disk volumes?

    Uhhh..., yeah. My shame is great!

    wrote in message

    > Thomas "Todd" Fischer wrote:
    >
    >>Just a bit of insight here from my perspective as one of the documented
    >>"pioneers" of personal computing...

    > Not wanting to start a flame war here...I really want to know.
    >
    > Something does not compute here. A poster claiming to be Thomas "Todd"
    > Fischer of IMSAI, Fischer-Freitas and _War Games_, and yet he doesn't
    > know not to top-post when posting to USENET? I can't believe that the
    > real Todd Fischer would make such a newbie error. Please don't be
    > offended, but are you an imposter?

  3. Re: How does CP/M refer to disk volumes?

    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.

    So, are you going to stop top-posting? It's really annoying and
    makes it hard to follow the conversations.

    "When thou enter a city, abide by its customs." -The Talmud

    Quoting Style in Newsgroup Postings
    http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html

    How do I quote correctly in usenet?

    Common Mistakes in Usenet Postings and How to Avoid Them
    http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/ant...s.html#quoting

    Bottom vs. top posting and quotation style on Usenet
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/brox.html

    Why bottom-posting is better than top-posting
    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

    +What do you mean "my reply is upside-down"?
    http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html