Imsai 8080 - CP/M

This is a discussion on Imsai 8080 - CP/M ; It's really irrelevant. This is an unmoderated newsgroup, there are no rules that ANYONE has any power to enforce. glen herrmannsfeldt wrote: > > My personal opinion is that it is reasonable, but it was a > close decision. Others ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 26 of 26

  1. Re: Imsai 8080

    glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:

    > My personal opinion is that it is reasonable, but it was a
    > close decision. Others can make their own decision.
    >
    > -- glen

  2. Re: Imsai 8080

    On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:07:13 -0400, Barry Watzman
    wrote:

    >It's really irrelevant. This is an unmoderated newsgroup, there are no
    >rules that ANYONE has any power to enforce.

    Sure there are. Many ISPs and other entities have clear TOS
    statements about spam and do consider it spam. They do have
    the power to enforce, only needing to be informed and have
    (undisclosed) policies to actually act on reports, with more
    finality than a moderator would merely deleting a post.

  3. Re: Imsai 8080

    kony wrote in news:emvcc3lt0v4ch6bjhpjoiis0flqafj4c2f@
    4ax.com:

    > On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:07:13 -0400, Barry Watzman
    > wrote:
    >
    >>It's really irrelevant. This is an unmoderated newsgroup, there are no
    >>rules that ANYONE has any power to enforce.
    >>

    > Sure there are. Many ISPs and other entities have clear TOS
    > statements about spam and do consider it spam. They do have
    > the power to enforce, only needing to be informed and have
    > (undisclosed) policies to actually act on reports, with more
    > finality than a moderator would merely deleting a post.

    And some of those TOS agreements allow the ISP to charge as much as $100
    or more per incident.

    Most people never fully read or understand the TOS (Terms of Service)
    agreement, but they should be carefully read and understood. I would
    avoid any ISP that can charge for a SPAM incident. As has been discussed
    here, the definition of SPAM is somewhat like the definition of
    pornography by the Warren Supreme Court decision in Jacobellis v. Ohio.
    Justice Potter Stewart had this famous statement - "I know it when I see
    it".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobellis_v._Ohio

    It is the ISP's definition of SPAM in the TOS and judgement as to whether
    any POST meets their somewhat arbitrary definition of SPAM.

    I don't even remember whether the OP stood to gain from the post, but if
    he didn't I would consider the post good information rather than SPAM. I
    have some old S-100 equipment myself and I am curious as to its value so
    I for one appreciate his posting the information here.

    --
    Alan Norton - Pecos SoftWareWorks
    Review of Foxconn 975X7AB-8EKRS2H, ECS P965T-A and ABIT AN8 SLI MB's,

  4. Who Is Kony?

    I suspect that kony is a troll. Perhaps we would do best to ignore.

    dowcom

  5. Re: Who Is Kony?

    dowcom@webtv.net (bud) writes:
    > I suspect that kony is a troll. Perhaps we would do best to ignore.

    You *JUST* figured that out?

    Lawrence Statton - lawrenabae@abaluon.abaom s/aba/c/g
    Computer software consists of only two components: ones and
    zeros, in roughly equal proportions. All that is required is to
    place them into the correct order.

  6. Re: Who Is Kony?

    Group: comp.os.cpm Date: Mon, Aug 20, 2007, 8:14am From:
    yankeeinexile@gmail.com (Lawrence*Statton)

    script:

    >You *JUST* figured that out?

    Sorry, yes. I usually read this group only on weekends.

    salaam,
    dowcom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2