P112 Second Run - CP/M

This is a discussion on P112 Second Run - CP/M ; I've had some inquiries about doing a second run of P112 kits. I'll gladly do that, but first I need people to be interested in at least 30 of them. I'm taking names right now. Preorders will be taken as ...

  1. P112 Second Run

    I've had some inquiries about doing a second run of P112 kits. I'll
    gladly do that, but first I need people to be interested in at least 30
    of them. I'm taking names right now. Preorders will be taken as soon
    as I figure out the cost.

    --
    David Griffith

  2. Re: P112 Second Run

    Hello Dave,
    Please count me in!

    asugitan-fom japan

  3. Re: P112 Second Run

    > asugitan-fom japan

    Hello, Asugitan San! I made a quick search and found 2 messages from
    you about "Vine Linux", written in 2002.

    I don't know if you are a regular of the comp.os.cpm Newsgroup but,
    several years ago, we had a few messages from a Teramoto San.
    Unfortunately, it has been years since we last heard from him (I think
    that he is an electronician near Nagasaki).

    Would you mind trying to find him, and ask him what he is doing?

    There was a Digital Research Japan but, unfortunately, there don't
    seem to be any Japanese Web site with CP/M stuff that we can read in
    English ("Personal CP/M" was only sold for one single microcomputer:
    the Sharp MZ-2500).

    Since circa 2000, when the "AT patch" was discovered, there was a
    little increase in interest about CP/M. Unfortunately, several people
    have since died or left.

    At the moment, the best Web site is the one by Piergiergio Betti (of
    Italy): http://www.e-tech.net/~pbetti/

    We are still lacking mirrors in Australia and Japan. Do you know
    someone who would be interested?

    Yours Sincerely,
    Mr Emmanuel Roche (France)

  4. Re: P112 Second Run

    "Dave Griffith" wrote in message
    news:qLNui.1393$3x.248@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net. ..
    > I've had some inquiries about doing a second run of P112 kits. I'll
    > gladly do that, but first I need people to be interested in at least 30
    > of them. I'm taking names right now. Preorders will be taken as soon
    > as I figure out the cost.
    >

    > --
    > David Griffith
    > dgriffi@cs.csbuak.edu <-- Switch the 'b' and 'u'

    Hiya Dave,

    I think I would also be interested in one of those. Can anyone point me at a
    reasonably current web address so that I can check it out. I did look into
    the P112 a couple of years ago, but I understand that there have been some
    updates, i.e. GIDE and maybe others.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    TIA

    Mick Young

  5. Re: P112 Second Run

    Dave Griffith wrote:
    > I've had some inquiries about doing a second run of P112 kits. I'll
    > gladly do that, but first I need people to be interested in at least 30
    > of them. I'm taking names right now. Preorders will be taken as soon
    > as I figure out the cost.

    Dave,
    if there is an easy way to use the P112 with an IDE harddisk (or just a
    CF Card) this would be very interesting also for me.

    Regards
    Peter

    --
    My new project: Try http://www.z80.eu for CP/M computer infos.

  6. Re: P112 Second Run

    Mick Young wrote:

    > I think I would also be interested in one of those. Can anyone point me at a
    > reasonably current web address so that I can check it out. I did look into
    > the P112 a couple of years ago, but I understand that there have been some
    > updates, i.e. GIDE and maybe others.

    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    The current website is http://frotz.homeunix.org/p112/. Upgrades
    available now are the GIDE board and a cheaper 1-meg memory module. An
    ethernet board is in the works and is very close to being ready for
    protyping. For this next run, I'll probably make 1-meg memory standard.

    --
    David Griffith

  7. Re: P112 Second Run

    "Peter Dassow (remove the NOSPAM. for direct answer)" wrote:
    > Dave Griffith wrote:
    >> I've had some inquiries about doing a second run of P112 kits. I'll
    >> gladly do that, but first I need people to be interested in at least 30
    >> of them. I'm taking names right now. Preorders will be taken as soon
    >> as I figure out the cost.

    > Dave,
    > if there is an easy way to use the P112 with an IDE harddisk (or just a
    > CF Card) this would be very interesting also for me.

    Yes! Terry Gulczynski designed a version of the GIDE interface
    specifically for the P112. CF cards work great through an IDE-to-CF
    adapter.

    A sidenote about the GIDE interface: the current version changes the way
    cards are added to the P112. Instead of having to muck about with a
    hard-to-find mini-VME-style slot with wire-wrap pins, the bus pins are
    redirected to a 50-pin header sticking out the side. So, for connecting
    additional boards, you just take apart a SCSI cable and move around the
    connectors.

    --
    David Griffith

  8. Re: P112 Second Run

    Dave Griffith blessed us with this gem On 10/08/2007 07:50:
    > I've had some inquiries about doing a second run of P112 kits. I'll
    > gladly do that, but first I need people to be interested in at least 30
    > of them. I'm taking names right now. Preorders will be taken as soon
    > as I figure out the cost.

    Forgive my ignorance, but what else is required to turn the P112 kit
    into a functional machine? Plugging in parts, I can do, but
    able-building and soldering irons are beyond me.

    Nathaniel CJE Culver

  9. Re: P112 Second Run

    Hello Nathaniel,

    CJE Culver schrieb:

    >Forgive my ignorance, but what else is required to turn the P112 kit
    >into a functional machine? Plugging in parts, I can do, but
    >able-building and soldering irons are beyond me.

    Terry Gulczynski, will build and test your P112 for you.

    Check out his website

    http://home.cfl.rr.com/tgcons/

    for more information.

    Rolf