Xerox 820-II boot floppy - CP/M

This is a discussion on Xerox 820-II boot floppy - CP/M ; I'm looking for someone who has a set (however many disks that is) of 8-inch boot media for the Xerox 820-II and the means to make copies. I'd rather not make yet another mess by jerry-rigging an 8-inch drive to ...

  1. Xerox 820-II boot floppy

    I'm looking for someone who has a set (however many disks that is) of
    8-inch boot media for the Xerox 820-II and the means to make copies.
    I'd rather not make yet another mess by jerry-rigging an 8-inch drive to
    a modern PC. So, can someone help me?

    --
    David Griffith

  2. Re: Xerox 820-II boot floppy

    On Aug 3, 12:11 am, dgri...@cs.csbuak.edu (Dave Griffith) wrote:
    > I'm looking for someone who has a set (however many disks that is) of
    > 8-inch boot media for the Xerox 820-II and the means to make copies.
    > I'd rather not make yet another mess by jerry-rigging an 8-inch drive to
    > a modern PC. So, can someone help me?
    >
    > --
    > David Griffith
    > dgri...@cs.csbuak.edu <-- Switch the 'b' and 'u'

    Interface a 5.25HD drive instead (looks just like an 8" in all regards
    save an unimportant 2) and I can email you a set of 820 disk images.

    ~ J

  3. Re: Xerox 820-II boot floppy

    Dave Griffith wrote:
    > I'm looking for someone who has a set (however many disks that is) of
    > 8-inch boot media for the Xerox 820-II and the means to make copies.
    > I'd rather not make yet another mess by jerry-rigging an 8-inch drive to
    > a modern PC. So, can someone help me?

    I can whip one up for you. I got some from the late great Don before he
    passed on. E-mail me and I'll get you the details.

+ Reply to Thread