Anonymous Guy - CP/M

This is a discussion on Anonymous Guy - CP/M ; Note to Anonymous Guy: Please contact me at my address. Your email address at seanet seems to be permanently disabled. I have a small change to Getatclk.cmd to discuss with you. Richard Brady...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Anonymous Guy

    Note to Anonymous Guy:

    Please contact me at my address. Your email address at seanet seems to
    be permanently disabled. I have a small change to Getatclk.cmd to
    discuss with you.

    Richard Brady

  2. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Richard Brady wrote:

    >> Note to Anonymous Guy:
    >>
    >> Please contact me at my address. Your email address at seanet seems to
    >> be permanently disabled. I have a small change to Getatclk.cmd to
    >> discuss with you.

    Just noticed that the CP/M-86 Software Repository website at
    http://www.seanet.com/~klaw/ is down, too.

    Anyone been in touch with Kirk lately?

    Regards,
    Freek.

    email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

  3. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Freek Heite wrote:
    > Richard Brady wrote:
    >
    >>> Note to Anonymous Guy:
    >>>
    >>> Please contact me at my address. Your email address at seanet seems to
    >>> be permanently disabled. I have a small change to Getatclk.cmd to
    >>> discuss with you.

    > Just noticed that the CP/M-86 Software Repository website at
    > http://www.seanet.com/~klaw/ is down, too.
    >
    > Anyone been in touch with Kirk lately?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Freek.
    >

    > email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

    When my email to Kirk bounced, I captured all of his website (I hope).
    We can create a mirror or replacement if need be.

    Richard Brady

  4. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Richard Brady wrote:
    [snip]
    > When my email to Kirk bounced, I captured all of his website (I hope).

    nope, I was too late. All the zip files were gone by the time I downloaded.

    Richard Brady

  5. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:34:18 UTC, Richard Brady
    wrote:

    > Richard Brady wrote:
    > [snip]
    > > When my email to Kirk bounced, I captured all of his website (I hope).

    > nope, I was too late. All the zip files were gone by the time I downloaded.
    >
    > Richard Brady

    maybee here are some of them:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200504040...net.com/~klaw/

    --
    Greetings

    Fritz Chwolka

  6. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Richard Brady wrote:

    >> > When my email to Kirk bounced, I captured all of his website (I hope).

    >> nope, I was too late. All the zip files were gone by the time I downloaded.

    Anyway, please keep the text files. If you cannot do so (e.g. lack of disk
    space, although it won't be many megabytes) you could pass them on to me.

    Regards,
    Freek Heite.
    email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

  7. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Richard Brady wrote:

    >> > When my email to Kirk bounced, I captured all of his website (I hope).

    >> nope, I was too late. All the zip files were gone by the time I downloaded.

    And, even more important, anyone any information on the whereabouts of its
    webmaster?

    Freek Heite.
    email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

  8. Re: Anonymous Guy

    [snip]

    > And, even more important, anyone any information on the whereabouts of its
    > webmaster?
    >
    > Freek Heite.
    > email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

    Does anyone have a phone number or physical address?
    I believe Kirk lived in Seattle, WA.

    Richard Brady

  9. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Richard Brady wrote:
    >> Does anyone have a phone number or physical address?

    Maybe I can help a bit. You've got email.

    Freek.
    email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

  10. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On 2007-07-24, Fritz Chwolka wrote:

    > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:34:18 UTC, Richard Brady wrote:
    >
    >> > When my email to Kirk bounced, I captured all of his website (I
    >> > hope).

    >> nope, I was too late. All the zip files were gone by the time I
    >> downloaded.

    > maybee here are some of them:
    >
    > http://web.archive.org/web/200504040...net.com/~klaw/

    The most recent copy of his download page appears to be here:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200705241...klaw/files.htm

    However it does not appear that the ZIP files made it in to the
    archive...

    --
    Steve Kostecke
    "I am a citizen, not a consumer. I am a human being, not a revenue source."

  11. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On 2007-07-26, Steve Kostecke wrote:

    > The most recent copy of his download page appears to be here:
    >
    > http://web.archive.org/web/200705241...klaw/files.htm

    I just took another look at that URL and this time the files _are_ in
    the archive.

    --
    Steve Kostecke
    "I am a citizen, not a consumer. I am a human being, not a revenue source."
    Public Key at gopher://kostecke.net or `finger steve@kostecke.net`

  12. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On 27 Lug, 07:19, Steve Kostecke wrote:
    > On 2007-07-26, Steve Kostecke wrote:
    >
    > > The most recent copy of his download page appears to be here:

    > >http://web.archive.org/web/200705241...anet.com/~klaw...

    > I just took another look at that URL and this time the files _are_ in
    > the archive.
    >
    > --
    > Steve Kostecke
    > "I am a citizen, not a consumer. I am a human being, not a revenue source."
    > Public Key at gopher://kostecke.net or `finger st...@kostecke.net`

    I usually maintain a mirror of what is available on the net regarding
    cp/m. Being focused on 8 bit version i leaved Klaw's site on the list
    of "to-do". Damn !!
    However with a bit of patience i've recovered pages and files from the
    link above. If original site will remain offline i'll put the
    reconstructed mirror asap on my area at http://www.e-tech.net/~pbetti/content/view/25/39/.
    The problem is that not ALL the files are presents in web.archive.org.
    Some are missing or broken.
    This is a list of what i was unable to recover:
    WRITE.ZIP
    VEPLUS86.ZIP
    TED10.ZIP
    FILEVIEW.ZIP
    CVV.ZIP
    MBR.ZIP
    SEEMEM01.ZIP
    REVERSE.ZIP
    BETH.ZIP
    BOBS.ZIP
    AU2.ZIP
    QXFONT2.ZIP
    FASTCOM1.ZIP
    NITELITE.ZIP
    LC02.ZIP
    DUMPASC.ZIP
    NASM2HDR.ZIP
    PLASMA3.ZIP
    FASTBROT.ZIP
    STANDBY2.ZIP

    and on dosfiles page:
    EXTRACT.EXE

    So if someone has copy of this material please send a copy of it!

    Piergiorgio Betti

  13. Re: Anonymous Guy

    pbetti wrote in message
    <1185533524.053015.99620@d55g2000hsg.googlegroups.c om>...

    >The problem is that not ALL the files are presents in web.archive.org.
    >Some are missing or broken.
    >This is a list of what i was unable to recover:

    >SEEMEM01.ZIP
    >REVERSE.ZIP
    >NITELITE.ZIP
    >PLASMA3.ZIP
    >FASTBROT.ZIP
    >STANDBY2.ZIP

    The other ones were all there. You can unzip them in DOS with pkunzip, but
    first you have to use pkzipfix to fix the zip file, then unzip the pkfixed.zip
    file.

    Greetz, Katzy.

  14. Re: Anonymous Guy

    pbetti wrote:
    [snip]

    > This is a list of what i was unable to recover:
    > WRITE.ZIP
    > VEPLUS86.ZIP
    > TED10.ZIP
    > FILEVIEW.ZIP
    > CVV.ZIP
    > MBR.ZIP
    > SEEMEM01.ZIP
    > REVERSE.ZIP
    > BETH.ZIP
    > BOBS.ZIP
    > AU2.ZIP
    > QXFONT2.ZIP
    > FASTCOM1.ZIP
    > NITELITE.ZIP
    > LC02.ZIP
    > DUMPASC.ZIP
    > NASM2HDR.ZIP
    > PLASMA3.ZIP
    > FASTBROT.ZIP
    > STANDBY2.ZIP
    >
    > and on dosfiles page:
    > EXTRACT.EXE
    >
    > So if someone has copy of this material please send a copy of it!
    >
    > Piergiorgio Betti

    Mr. Betti,

    Do you still lack any of the above files? I may be able to provide
    them. They may be broken too, depending on the state when I down-loaded
    from Kirk's site. I also have the three gif files.

    Regards,
    Richard Brady

  15. Re: Anonymous Guy

    "Richard Brady" wrote in message...

    > Do you still lack any of the above files? I may be able to provide them.
    > They may be broken too, depending on the state when I down-loaded from
    > Kirk's site. I also have the three gif files.

    Hi Richard,

    I've just sent Mr. Betti a copy of the following:

    REVERSE.ZIP
    NITELITE.ZIP
    PLASMA3.ZIP
    FASTBROT.ZIP

    Regards,
    Ross Simpson.

  16. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Richard Brady wrote in message ...
    >pbetti wrote:
    >[snip]

    >Mr. Betti,
    >
    >Do you still lack any of the above files? I may be able to provide
    >them. They may be broken too, depending on the state when I down-loaded
    >from Kirk's site. I also have the three gif files.
    >
    >Regards,
    >Richard Brady

    I mirror the site too and am missing the following files:

    standby2.zip
    fastbrot.zip
    plasma3.zip
    nitelite.zip
    reverse.zip
    seememo1.zip
    86filutl.zip

    some pages, which I kept empty
    some gifs

    As I replied to PBetty the files are not really broken, I zipfixed them (hope
    I did not forget one....

    http://www.nostalgia8.nl/mirrors/cpm86/index.html

    Would you be so kind to send me too the missing stuff?

    at nostalgia8 dot nl?

    Thanks.

    Katzy.

  17. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On 28 Lug, 19:20, Richard Brady wrote:
    > pbetti wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > > This is a list of what i was unable to recover:
    > > WRITE.ZIP
    > > VEPLUS86.ZIP
    > > TED10.ZIP
    > > FILEVIEW.ZIP
    > > CVV.ZIP
    > > MBR.ZIP
    > > SEEMEM01.ZIP
    > > REVERSE.ZIP
    > > BETH.ZIP
    > > BOBS.ZIP
    > > AU2.ZIP
    > > QXFONT2.ZIP
    > > FASTCOM1.ZIP
    > > NITELITE.ZIP
    > > LC02.ZIP
    > > DUMPASC.ZIP
    > > NASM2HDR.ZIP
    > > PLASMA3.ZIP
    > > FASTBROT.ZIP
    > > STANDBY2.ZIP

    > > and on dosfiles page:
    > > EXTRACT.EXE

    > > So if someone has copy of this material please send a copy of it!

    > > Piergiorgio Betti

    > Mr. Betti,
    >
    > Do you still lack any of the above files? I may be able to provide
    > them. They may be broken too, depending on the state when I down-loaded
    > from Kirk's site. I also have the three gif files.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Richard Brady

    Yes, i still miss them with the exclusion of the gif files that i
    already have. Thanks for your help.
    Just tell me how you can send them (email, ftp ....).
    As i told before, i would like to setup a mirror copy of Kirk's site
    if the situation remain unaltered.

    Regards!
    Piergiorgio

  18. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On 30 Lug, 11:50, pbetti wrote:
    > On 28 Lug, 19:20, Richard Brady wrote:
    >

    > > pbetti wrote:

    > > [snip]

    > > > This is a list of what i was unable to recover:
    > > > WRITE.ZIP
    > > > VEPLUS86.ZIP
    > > > TED10.ZIP
    > > > FILEVIEW.ZIP
    > > > CVV.ZIP
    > > > MBR.ZIP
    > > > SEEMEM01.ZIP
    > > > REVERSE.ZIP
    > > > BETH.ZIP
    > > > BOBS.ZIP
    > > > AU2.ZIP
    > > > QXFONT2.ZIP
    > > > FASTCOM1.ZIP
    > > > NITELITE.ZIP
    > > > LC02.ZIP
    > > > DUMPASC.ZIP
    > > > NASM2HDR.ZIP
    > > > PLASMA3.ZIP
    > > > FASTBROT.ZIP
    > > > STANDBY2.ZIP

    > > > and on dosfiles page:
    > > > EXTRACT.EXE

    > > > So if someone has copy of this material please send a copy of it!

    > > > Piergiorgio Betti

    > > Mr. Betti,

    > > Do you still lack any of the above files? I may be able to provide
    > > them. They may be broken too, depending on the state when I down-loaded
    > > from Kirk's site. I also have the three gif files.

    > > Regards,
    > > Richard Brady

    > Yes, i still miss them with the exclusion of the gif files that i
    > already have. Thanks for your help.
    > Just tell me how you can send them (email, ftp ....).
    > As i told before, i would like to setup a mirror copy of Kirk's site
    > if the situation remain unaltered.
    >
    > Regards!
    > Piergiorgio

    I made a mistake having read just now two mails from Jeffrey W. Shook
    and Ross Simpson, both sending me missing files!!
    I think that with Jeffrey's zips i'll be able to reconstruct a full
    image of CP/M 86 software archive...

    Thanks a lot!
    Piergiorgio

  19. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Katzy wrote in message <46acf4a5$0$15263$e4fe514c@dreader29.news.xs4all.nl>...
    >Richard Brady wrote in message ...
    >>pbetti wrote:
    >>[snip]

    I asked Richard:

    >Would you be so kind to send me too the missing stuff?
    >
    >at nostalgia8 dot nl?

    Which he did.

    The mirror is complete now:

    http://www.nostalgia8.nl/mirrors/cpm86/index.html

    Thanks a lot, Richard.

    Greetz, Katzy.

  20. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Katzy wrote:
    > Katzy wrote in message <46acf4a5$0$15263$e4fe514c@dreader29.news.xs4all.nl>...

    [snip]
    > The mirror is complete now:
    >
    > http://www.nostalgia8.nl/mirrors/cpm86/index.html
    >
    > Thanks a lot, Richard.
    >
    > Greetz, Katzy.

    You are most welcome. Thanks for mirroring Kirk's site and for the
    zipfix program.

    Regards,
    Richard Brady

+ Reply to Thread