Anonymous Guy - CP/M

This is a discussion on Anonymous Guy - CP/M ; "Katzy" wrote: >> .... the files are not really broken, I zipfixed them Any idea, why these files needed zipfixing? I've never needed to zipfix any of Kirk's files, whether they were emailed or downloaded from his website. Freek. email: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Anonymous Guy

    "Katzy" wrote:
    >> .... the files are not really broken, I zipfixed them

    Any idea, why these files needed zipfixing?

    I've never needed to zipfix any of Kirk's files, whether they were emailed or
    downloaded from his website.

    Freek.

    email: f.heite ATT hccnet DOTT nl

  2. Re: Anonymous Guy

    Freek Heite wrote in message <46b0fcd6.337132881@News.demon.nl>...
    >"Katzy" wrote:
    >>> .... the files are not really broken, I zipfixed them

    >Any idea, why these files needed zipfixing?
    >
    >I've never needed to zipfix any of Kirk's files, whether they were emailed or
    >downloaded from his website.

    Yes, right you are, but they were downloaded from the archive.org site and
    some files could not be opened, neither in Windows nor in DOS. Follow the link
    Steve Kostecke gave and you'll see, files like 'beth.zip' and 'bobs.zip'.

    Greetz, Katzy

  3. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On Jul 30, 6:27 am, pbetti wrote:
    > On 30 Lug, 11:50, pbetti wrote:
    >

    > > On 28 Lug, 19:20, Richard Brady wrote:

    > > > pbetti wrote:

    > > > [snip]

    > > > Mr. Betti,

    > > > Do you still lack any of the above files? I may be able to provide
    > > > them. They may be broken too, depending on the state when I down-loaded
    > > > from Kirk's site. I also have the three gif files.

    > > > Regards,
    > > > Richard Brady

    > > Yes, i still miss them with the exclusion of the gif files that i
    > > already have. Thanks for your help.
    > > Just tell me how you can send them (email, ftp ....).
    > > As i told before, i would like to setup a mirror copy of Kirk's site
    > > if the situation remain unaltered.

    > > Regards!
    > > Piergiorgio

    > I made a mistake having read just now two mails from Jeffrey W. Shook
    > and Ross Simpson, both sending me missing files!!
    > I think that with Jeffrey's zips i'll be able to reconstruct a full
    > image of CP/M 86 software archive...
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    > Piergiorgio

    Piergiorgio (et. al.),

    I've got a mirror of his site from 4/19/07, including the gifs and his
    html. Its not clear to me if this would be of value to anyone at this
    point, since it sounds like you've got it mostly reconstructed. If
    there is interest, I'll gladly email a zip or tar to someone.

    Here are the files I've got:

    144feat2.zip
    2dstar.zip
    3dstar.zip
    86arkive.zip
    86audio.zip
    86clkcal.zip
    86comm.zip
    86disk.zip
    86dosutl.zip
    86emulat.zip
    86filutl.zip
    86fonts.zip
    86games.zip
    86grafix.zip
    86keyutl.zip
    86misc.zip
    86patch.zip
    86print.zip
    86progrm.zip
    86spread.zip
    86submit.zip
    86sysutl.zip
    86video2.zip
    86video.zip
    au2.zip
    beth.zip
    bobs.zip
    bouncy.zip
    comset.zip
    comswap.zip
    cpm86-3.gif
    cvvmkbo.zip
    cvv.zip
    dosfiles.htm
    dr3.gif
    drdos8.gif
    dumpasc.zip
    extract.exe
    fastbrot.zip
    fastcom1.zip
    files.htm
    fileview.zip
    forth86.zip
    hitakey.zip
    index.html
    lc02.zip
    links.htm
    mbr.zip
    nasm2hdr.zip
    nitelite.zip
    patch.htm
    piano.zip
    plasma3.zip
    ports.zip
    prtscr.zip
    qxfont2.zip
    rec86fp.zip
    rec86.zip
    reverse.zip
    rulz.zip
    seemem01.zip
    small-c.zip
    spagheti.zip
    standby2.zip
    ted10.zip
    veplus86.zip
    vgascrol.zip
    worm.zip
    write.zip
    xlisp.zip
    xrd.zip

  4. Re: Anonymous Guy

    On 4 Ago, 19:13, UnixNut wrote:
    > On Jul 30, 6:27 am, pbetti wrote:

    > > > Yes, i still miss them with the exclusion of the gif files that i
    > > > already have. Thanks for your help.
    > > > Just tell me how you can send them (email, ftp ....).
    > > > As i told before, i would like to setup a mirror copy of Kirk's site
    > > > if the situation remain unaltered.

    > > > Regards!
    > > > Piergiorgio

    > > I made a mistake having read just now two mails from Jeffrey W. Shook
    > > and Ross Simpson, both sending me missing files!!
    > > I think that with Jeffrey's zips i'll be able to reconstruct a full
    > > image of CP/M 86 software archive...

    > > Thanks a lot!
    > > Piergiorgio

    > Piergiorgio (et. al.),
    >
    > I've got a mirror of his site from 4/19/07, including the gifs and his
    > html. Its not clear to me if this would be of value to anyone at this
    > point, since it sounds like you've got it mostly reconstructed. If
    > there is interest, I'll gladly email a zip or tar to someone.

> [...]

    I have a complete copy now, but thanks anyway!

    Piergiorgio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2