z3plus vs ZPM3 - CP/M

This is a discussion on z3plus vs ZPM3 - CP/M ; what is differant between z3plus and zpm3?...

  1. z3plus vs ZPM3

    what is differant between z3plus and zpm3?

  2. Re: z3plus vs ZPM3

    big_d_316@yahoo.com schrieb:

    > what is differant between z3plus and zpm3?

    Everything.

    Z3plus is an add-on to CP/M-3, providing many extended BDOS features and
    an enhanced shell.

    ZPM3 is a replacement for the original CP/M-3 BDOS, which is slightly
    optimized for using Z80 opcodes - and the gained code space has been
    used to add a few new features like a command line history.

    Together with an enhanced CCP replacement, ZPM3 has alwas been
    sufficient for me. Other people may have different opinions. :-)

    --
    Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
    http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

  3. Re: z3plus vs ZPM3

    Tilmann Reh wrote:
    : big_d_316@yahoo.com schrieb:
    :> what is differant between z3plus and zpm3?

    : Z3plus is an add-on to CP/M-3, providing many extended BDOS features and
    : an enhanced shell.

    : ZPM3 is a replacement for the original CP/M-3 BDOS, which is slightly
    : optimized for using Z80 opcodes - and the gained code space has been
    : used to add a few new features like a command line history.

    In addition, if you use ZCCP as your CCP, running atop ZPM3, you can run
    most programs that would otherwise require Z3PLUS. Though, as the ZCCP
    documentation points out, there are some things it can't do:

    * IF is not builtin.
    * The only resident commands in ZCCP are CLS and NOTE; you'll need to keep
    DIR.COM, ERASE.COM, RENAME.COM and TYPE.COM (or equivalents) hanging around.
    * ZCCP cannot load type 4 programs, only .COM and type 3.
    * ZCCP cannot re-execute loaded programs, since it loads at 0100h.

    --
    ------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
    John Elliott |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"
    |SEAGOON: "Heavy dentures, Sir!" - The Goon Show
    :-------------------------------------------------------------------------)

  4. Re: z3plus vs ZPM3

    John Elliott wrote:
    > Tilmann Reh wrote:
    >: big_d_316@yahoo.com schrieb:
    >
    >:> what is differant between z3plus and zpm3?
    >
    >: Z3plus is an add-on to CP/M-3, providing many extended BDOS
    >: features and an enhanced shell.
    >
    >: ZPM3 is a replacement for the original CP/M-3 BDOS, which is
    >: slightly optimized for using Z80 opcodes - and the gained code
    >: space has been used to add a few new features like a command
    >: line history.
    >
    > In addition, if you use ZCCP as your CCP, running atop ZPM3, you
    > can run most programs that would otherwise require Z3PLUS. Though,
    > as the ZCCP documentation points out, there are some things it
    > can't do:
    >
    > * IF is not builtin.
    > * The only resident commands in ZCCP are CLS and NOTE; you'll need to keep
    > DIR.COM, ERASE.COM, RENAME.COM and TYPE.COM (or equivalents) hanging around.
    > * ZCCP cannot load type 4 programs, only .COM and type 3.
    > * ZCCP cannot re-execute loaded programs, since it loads at 0100h.

    If you are considering using those, also consider using DOSPLUS 2.5
    combined with CCPLUS and CCPXTND.SYS. I wrote these because I was
    not happy with the ZCPR system and its heavy needs for assembly
    time configuration. Yet I believe I have provided most of the
    features and security in a better organization, and it is a drop-in
    replacement for CPM2.2. Available complete, with source and
    binaries, at:

    More details at:
    Also see

+ Reply to Thread