Looking for TurboDOS 1.4 - CP/M

This is a discussion on Looking for TurboDOS 1.4 - CP/M ; Hi all! Being an old computer man from Sweden who spent a year in Albuquerque 1975 - and thus came into contact with the old Altair 8800 - as a foreign exchange student, my computer interest has never dimished. In ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Hi all!

    Being an old computer man from Sweden who spent a year in Albuquerque 1975 -
    and thus came into contact with the old Altair 8800 - as a foreign exchange
    student, my computer interest has never dimished.

    In 1986 I wire-wrapped a system with a Hitachi HD-64180 CPU, a WD1001 disk
    controller and a floppy and lifted TurboDOS 1.4 on it. The thing has been
    locked away in my basement for 15 years and it still works.

    I have all the config disks readable with 22DSK after tweaking the tables to
    fit my own disk format, but I lack the TurboDOS distribution disks. The
    harddrive has ben replaced and all I need to do to get it rolling is to
    generate a new system, perhaps in a CP/M simulator. After that I'l lmake it
    available in a limited fashion on the net via telnet.

    So, has anyone seen copies of TurboDOS 1.4 somewhere?

    And by the way, I have used CP/M from version 2.2 and up too

    Per Frejvall, Saltsj÷baden, Sweden

  2. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Try
    http://www.retroarchive.org/

    good luck !
    Roman

    "Per Frejvall" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi all!
    >
    > Being an old computer man from Sweden who spent a year in Albuquerque
    > 1975 - and thus came into contact with the old Altair 8800 - as a foreign
    > exchange student, my computer interest has never dimished.
    >
    > In 1986 I wire-wrapped a system with a Hitachi HD-64180 CPU, a WD1001 disk
    > controller and a floppy and lifted TurboDOS 1.4 on it. The thing has been
    > locked away in my basement for 15 years and it still works.
    >
    > I have all the config disks readable with 22DSK after tweaking the tables
    > to fit my own disk format, but I lack the TurboDOS distribution disks. The
    > harddrive has ben replaced and all I need to do to get it rolling is to
    > generate a new system, perhaps in a CP/M simulator. After that I'l lmake
    > it available in a limited fashion on the net via telnet.
    >
    > So, has anyone seen copies of TurboDOS 1.4 somewhere?
    >
    > And by the way, I have used CP/M from version 2.2 and up too
    >
    > Per Frejvall, Saltsj÷baden, Sweden

  3. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Thanks.

    I was there yesterday and they have the 1.22P version. Unfortunately, I need
    1.4 since all my BIOS and driver stuff is written for that. Bank-switched
    memory and all...

    /perf

    "Roman" skrev i meddelandet
    news:43c0f32f$0$710$79720d31@newsreader.inode.at.. .
    > Try
    > http://www.retroarchive.org/
    >
    > good luck !
    > Roman
    >
    > "Per Frejvall" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> Hi all!
    >>
    >> Being an old computer man from Sweden who spent a year in Albuquerque
    >> 1975 - and thus came into contact with the old Altair 8800 - as a foreign
    >> exchange student, my computer interest has never dimished.
    >>
    >> In 1986 I wire-wrapped a system with a Hitachi HD-64180 CPU, a WD1001
    >> disk controller and a floppy and lifted TurboDOS 1.4 on it. The thing has
    >> been locked away in my basement for 15 years and it still works.
    >>
    >> I have all the config disks readable with 22DSK after tweaking the tables
    >> to fit my own disk format, but I lack the TurboDOS distribution disks.
    >> The harddrive has ben replaced and all I need to do to get it rolling is
    >> to generate a new system, perhaps in a CP/M simulator. After that I'l
    >> lmake it available in a limited fashion on the net via telnet.
    >>
    >> So, has anyone seen copies of TurboDOS 1.4 somewhere?
    >>
    >> And by the way, I have used CP/M from version 2.2 and up too
    >>
    >> Per Frejvall, Saltsj÷baden, Sweden

  4. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:10:37 UTC, "Roman" wrote:

    > Try
    > http://www.retroarchive.org/

    maybee here but for IMS and Philips.

    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...5000/info.html
    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...hnologies/info
    html
    http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...s/p3500/info.h
    tml
    --
    Greetings

    Fritz Chwolka
    >collecting old computers just for fun<

    < at www.alterechner.de >

  5. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Well, what do you know!

    After scooping around for a while I actually found all the COM-files for 1.41.

    Not only that, but on a disk that I had overlooked in my stash there was a generated OSMASTER.SYS. It's up pending clean-up and organization.

    Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

    /perf

    "Fritz G. Chwolka" skrev i meddelandet news:dpro43$bui$01$1@news.t-online.com...
    > On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:10:37 UTC, "Roman" wrote:
    >
    >> Try
    >> http://www.retroarchive.org/
    >>

    > maybee here but for IMS and Philips.
    >
    > http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...5000/info.html
    > http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...hnologies/info
    > html
    > http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...s/p3500/info.h
    > tml
    > --
    > Greetings
    >
    > Fritz Chwolka
    >>collecting old computers just for fun<

    > < at www.alterechner.de >

  6. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    "Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    Well, what do you know!

    After scooping around for a while I actually found all the COM-files for
    1.41.

    Not only that, but on a disk that I had overlooked in my stash there was a
    generated OSMASTER.SYS. It's up pending clean-up and organization.

    Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

    /perf

    "Fritz G. Chwolka" skrev i meddelandet
    > On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:10:37 UTC, "Roman" wrote:
    >
    >> Try
    >> http://www.retroarchive.org/
    >>

    > maybee here but for IMS and Philips.
    >
    > http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...5000/info.html
    > http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...hnologies/info
    > html
    > http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...s/p3500/info.h
    > tml
    > --
    > Greetings
    >
    > Fritz Chwolka
    >>collecting old computers just for fun<

    > < at www.alterechner.de >

    Any chance of making a copy available somewhere? It sure would be
    interesting to have a play with it.

  7. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed from step
    one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB bank-switched memory board,
    a 2797 FD controller board and a WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my own...
    I have written all the driver implementations, and if someone needs them
    I'll just post all the sources as something that can point people in the
    right direction.

    TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should try
    it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and you end up with two
    files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The first loads the latter. I have
    incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into the boot prom, so booting the system is
    really fast, and you need is a formatted disk with the file OSMASTER.SYS -
    no boot sector.

    Interested?

    /perf
    "Max Scane" skrev i meddelandet

    > "Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    > Well, what do you know!
    >
    > After scooping around for a while I actually found all the COM-files for
    > 1.41.
    >
    > Not only that, but on a disk that I had overlooked in my stash there was a
    > generated OSMASTER.SYS. It's up pending clean-up and organization.
    >
    > Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    >
    > /perf
    >

    > "Fritz G. Chwolka" skrev i meddelandet
    >> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:10:37 UTC, "Roman" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Try
    >>> http://www.retroarchive.org/
    >>>

    >> maybee here but for IMS and Philips.
    >>
    >> http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...5000/info.html
    >> http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...hnologies/info
    >> html
    >> http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...s/p3500/info.h
    >> tml
    >> --
    >> Greetings
    >>
    >> Fritz Chwolka
    >>>collecting old computers just for fun<

    >> < at www.alterechner.de >
    >>

    > Any chance of making a copy available somewhere? It sure would be
    > interesting to have a play with it.

  8. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Per Frejvall wrote:

    > Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed
    > from step one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB
    > bank-switched memory board, a 2797 FD controller board and a
    > WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my own... I have written all
    > the driver implementations, and if someone needs them I'll just
    > post all the sources as something that can point people in the
    > right direction.
    >
    > TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people
    > should try it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and
    > you end up with two files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The
    > first loads the latter. I have incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into
    > the boot prom, so booting the system is really fast, and you
    > need is a formatted disk with the file OSMASTER.SYS - no boot
    > sector.

    Please don't top-post.

    You should try DOSPLUS, available in source and object form at:

    It runs on 64180s, and ddtz also allows for 64180 instructions.
    The ability to execute CCPXTEND gives the equivalent of
    subdirectories under CP/M, and there are extensive security abilities.

    More details at:

  9. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Hi!

    Please don't bottom-post... I prefer to read without scrolling too much.
    Reverse chronology is a gift to mankind!

    The machine in question was a serious project at the time, and I lived in
    the TurboDOS world for a number of years doing development on cross
    assemblers for 8031, 8051 and Avocet Systems processors. Those where the
    days! These days, most of my time is spent on modern systems running WIndows
    2003 Server and Longhorn Server... Not exactly "lean and mean"...

    Do you, or anybody else who reads this, know what happened to Software 2000?
    If you do - post it!

    All the best from a snowy Saltsj÷baden in the Stockholm archipelago.

    /perf
    "Chuck F. " skrev i meddelandet
    > Per Frejvall wrote:
    > >
    >> Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed
    >> from step one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB
    >> bank-switched memory board, a 2797 FD controller board and a
    >> WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my own... I have written all
    >> the driver implementations, and if someone needs them I'll just
    >> post all the sources as something that can point people in the right
    >> direction.
    >>
    >> TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people
    >> should try it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and
    >> you end up with two files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The
    >> first loads the latter. I have incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into
    >> the boot prom, so booting the system is really fast, and you
    >> need is a formatted disk with the file OSMASTER.SYS - no boot
    >> sector.

    > Please don't top-post.
    >
    > You should try DOSPLUS, available in source and object form at:
    >

    > It runs on 64180s, and ddtz also allows for 64180 instructions. The
    > ability to execute CCPXTEND gives the equivalent of subdirectories under
    > CP/M, and there are extensive security abilities.
    >
    > --
    > "If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't use
    > the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    > "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the
    > "Reply" at the bottom of the article headers." - Keith Thompson
    > More details at:

  10. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Hello, Per!

    > TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should try
    > it.

    I happen to be a CP/M Old Timer who remembers TurboDOS.

    Before writing this message, I had a look with Google:
    I could not find any Web site dealing with TurboDOS.

    So, would you mind setting one?

    Howard Harte has set up a MP/M II system that can be
    used interactively from the Internet, via a Altos 5-15:

    http://www.imsai8080.com/computers/s100/

    (Now, since I am a CP/M fan, I am obliged to respond
    to your "TurboDOS is far better than CP/M"...

    1) Which OS is dead? CP/M or TurboDOS?
    What are you doing on a CP/M newsgroup?

    2) You are comparing apple versus oranges.
    TurboDOS is a multi-user OS, while CP/M
    is single-user. However, CP/M was a family
    of OSes, and one branch (MP/M II, CCP/M)
    was multi-tasking and multi-user.)

    (By the way, several years ago, I tried to find
    a Swede that would help me resurrect a
    Programming Language called COMAL that
    was once used in Sweden on the COMPIS
    computer. You can find all the messages
    dealing with this quest with Google -- Groups.
    If you would be interested in helping me
    resurrect this PL, let me know.)

    Yours Sincerely,
    "French Luser"

  11. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Well, my opinion of TurboDOS is that it is more structured and you build it
    (link it) like a real system. But what the heck...

    As for your statement about which is here now, CP/M or TDOS, well, Video
    2000 was far superior to VHS, as was Sony's beta system. We ended up with
    VHS - the worst of the three - because of heavy lobbying.

    Anyway, both OS:s are fine pieces of software!

    COMAL.... Hmmm... This is not something that I am proud of, but I actually
    designed the prototype for Compis. We made it with Intel 80186 and lifted
    UCSD Pascal and CP/M-86 on it (I wrote the CP/M implementation). After that,
    another company got the responsibility to produce it. They messed up a good
    system and turned it into a toy.

    What exactly do you want to do with COMAL? I know there are a number of
    functional Compis systems around (I threw mine away...). I don't have the
    time to hop around newsgroups that much, but fill me in and I'll try to pull
    some strings for you.

    /perf

    "French Luser" skrev i meddelandet
    > Hello, Per!
    >
    >> TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should
    >> try
    >> it.

    > I happen to be a CP/M Old Timer who remembers TurboDOS.
    >
    > Before writing this message, I had a look with Google:
    > I could not find any Web site dealing with TurboDOS.
    >
    > So, would you mind setting one?
    >
    > Howard Harte has set up a MP/M II system that can be
    > used interactively from the Internet, via a Altos 5-15:
    >
    > http://www.imsai8080.com/computers/s100/
    >
    > (Now, since I am a CP/M fan, I am obliged to respond
    > to your "TurboDOS is far better than CP/M"...
    >
    > 1) Which OS is dead? CP/M or TurboDOS?
    > What are you doing on a CP/M newsgroup?
    >
    > 2) You are comparing apple versus oranges.
    > TurboDOS is a multi-user OS, while CP/M
    > is single-user. However, CP/M was a family
    > of OSes, and one branch (MP/M II, CCP/M)
    > was multi-tasking and multi-user.)
    >
    > (By the way, several years ago, I tried to find
    > a Swede that would help me resurrect a
    > Programming Language called COMAL that
    > was once used in Sweden on the COMPIS
    > computer. You can find all the messages
    > dealing with this quest with Google -- Groups.
    > If you would be interested in helping me
    > resurrect this PL, let me know.)
    >
    > Yours Sincerely,
    > "French Luser"

  12. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Hello, Per!

    > What exactly do you want to do with COMAL? I know there are a number of
    > functional Compis systems around (I threw mine away...). I don't have the
    > time to hop around newsgroups that much, but fill me in and I'll try to

    pull
    > some strings for you.

    CP/M-86 is experiencing some (too limited, in my humble opinion...)
    kind of revival. Microsoft BASIC v5.22 and Turbo Pascal v3 are
    available. Last year, I released the SID-86 and Dr. Logo docs,
    to increase the number of useful Programming Languages
    available under this IBM PC version of CP/M, enabling us
    to keep using our Old Faithfuls at unthinkable speeds!
    (My interpreted BASIC programs now run faster than
    my old 8-bits assembly language programs...)

    I am collecting Programming Languages, and especially those
    that used to run under CP/M 2.2, CP/M-86, and MS-DOS.

    I once read an article about COMAL in DDJ, and became
    so interested that I spent one year trying to resurrect it.

    Along the way, I managed to find the last version for CP/M 2.2.

    I know that there used to be a version for MS-DOS,
    but never managed to get it.

    I mention the COMPIS because, during my quest,
    I learned that a version of COMAL for CP/M-86
    existed -- on the Swedish COMPIS.

    The problem is that my Swedish is very limited...

    I managed to disassemble and understand the
    error messages file used by COMAL on the COMPIS,
    but I stopped here for lack of information.
    http://www.df.lth.se/~pi/compis/comalerrors.txt

    I know that some messages remain inside the
    CMD file, but I have no idea what they mean.

    Since then, it was found that the CP/M 2.2 version
    of COMAL allows the user to interactively
    set or get the values of the registers of the
    Z-80 CPU, while developing interactively programs.

    Of course, I would be very interested to know if
    this same unusal capability is available on the COMPIS...

    The idea being, of course, to document (in English)
    this version of COMAL for CP/M-86 that used to
    run only on the Swedish COMPIS, so that people
    could continue to use such an unusal Programming
    Language.

    I know that there is a COMPIS newsgroup,
    but its messages are in Swedish. I am searching
    for another fan, who could read, understand,
    and translate into English the COMAL paper doc.
    Me, I am ready to disassemble the 55 KB file
    if I had technical enough documentation.

    Yours Sincerely,
    "French Luser"

  13. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Sounds like an interesting challenge. I have located some manuals around
    the 'net for TD and I have the z80 implementors guide.

    I have a Z80 based S100 system (SD Systems) with 256K banked memory and a
    1793 based floppy controller so I think the hardware should be suitable.
    This might also be an interesting project for the P112.

    If you could make what you have available that would be really great.
    Perhaps you could (or I can ) submit it to Gaby at www.z80.de for
    preservation.

    Remove the ns- if you need to e-mail me. Thanks.

    > Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed from step
    > one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB bank-switched memory

    board,
    > a 2797 FD controller board and a WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my

    own...
    > I have written all the driver implementations, and if someone needs them
    > I'll just post all the sources as something that can point people in the
    > right direction.
    >
    > TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should try
    > it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and you end up with two
    > files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The first loads the latter. I have
    > incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into the boot prom, so booting the system is
    > really fast, and you need is a formatted disk with the file OSMASTER.SYS -
    > no boot sector.
    >
    > Interested?
    >
    > /perf
    > "Max Scane" skrev i meddelandet
    > >
    > > "Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    > > Well, what do you know!
    > >
    > > After scooping around for a while I actually found all the COM-files for
    > > 1.41.
    > >
    > > Not only that, but on a disk that I had overlooked in my stash there was

    > > generated OSMASTER.SYS. It's up pending clean-up and organization.
    > >
    > > Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    > >
    > > /perf
    > >

    > > "Fritz G. Chwolka" skrev i meddelandet

    > >> maybee here but for IMS and Philips.
    > >>
    > >> http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...5000/info.html
    > >> http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...hnologies/info
    > >> html
    > >> http://oldcomputers.dyndns.org/publi...s/p3500/info.h
    > >> tml
    > >> --
    > >> Greetings
    > >>
    > >> Fritz Chwolka
    > >> < at www.alterechner.de >
    > >>

    > > Any chance of making a copy available somewhere? It sure would be
    > > interesting to have a play with it.

  14. Languages (was:Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4)

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:55:52 +0100, "French Luser"
    wrote:

    >I am collecting Programming Languages, and especially those
    >that used to run under CP/M 2.2, CP/M-86, and MS-DOS.
    >
    >I once read an article about COMAL in DDJ, and became
    >so interested that I spent one year trying to resurrect it.

    Have you run across a CD ROM from about 1993, something
    called Knowledge Media, located in Paradise, California? A
    compilation of ''over 100 Languages'', according to the disc.

    I notice a fair number include Amiga versions. Many DOS ones.

    The title for this disc seems to be ''Language/OS''. No docs
    of any sort, just directories and files (most are easily readable
    in WinRAR ver 3.1 without bothering to un-LHA them to disk)

    I'd 'park' it for you, but something's gone wrong with my FTP
    pgm - if you want a 210k text attachment (un-compressed) list
    of files, ask by email. Just be sure to put ''languages'' in the
    SUBJECT line. And, it would be wise to use plain text only.

    Bill

  15. Re: Languages (was:Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4)

    "wild bill" wrote in message

    > Have you run across a CD ROM from about 1993, something
    > called Knowledge Media, located in Paradise, California? A
    > compilation of ''over 100 Languages'', according to the disc.
    >
    > I notice a fair number include Amiga versions. Many DOS ones.
    >
    > The title for this disc seems to be ''Language/OS''. No docs
    > of any sort, just directories and files (most are easily readable
    > in WinRAR ver 3.1 without bothering to un-LHA them to disk)
    >
    > I'd 'park' it for you, but something's gone wrong with my FTP
    > pgm - if you want a 210k text attachment (un-compressed) list
    > of files, ask by email. Just be sure to put ''languages'' in the
    > SUBJECT line. And, it would be wise to use plain text only.
    >
    > Bill

    I have the Language/OS disk you describe plus another from Infomagic titled
    "Programming Languages" (dated 1996). I will be glad to copy them and send
    them to you if you like.

    --Larry

  16. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Hi Max,

    can you give us the 'net addresses of the manuals? And, of course,
    it would be great if everything - what's available - can be send
    to Gaby's site!

    Thanks,

    Uwe.

    Max Scane wrote:
    > Sounds like an interesting challenge. I have located some manuals around
    > the 'net for TD and I have the z80 implementors guide.
    >
    > I have a Z80 based S100 system (SD Systems) with 256K banked memory and a
    > 1793 based floppy controller so I think the hardware should be suitable.
    > This might also be an interesting project for the P112.
    >
    > If you could make what you have available that would be really great.
    > Perhaps you could (or I can ) submit it to Gaby at www.z80.de for
    > preservation.
    >
    > Remove the ns- if you need to e-mail me. Thanks.
    >
    > "Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    >
    >>Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed from step
    >>one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB bank-switched memory

    > board,
    >
    >>a 2797 FD controller board and a WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my

    > own...
    >
    >>I have written all the driver implementations, and if someone needs them
    >>I'll just post all the sources as something that can point people in the
    >>right direction.
    >>
    >>TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should try
    >>it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and you end up with two
    >>files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The first loads the latter. I have
    >>incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into the boot prom, so booting the system is
    >>really fast, and you need is a formatted disk with the file OSMASTER.SYS -
    >>no boot sector.
    >>
    >>Interested?
    >>
    >>/perf
    >>"Max Scane" skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >>>"Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    >>>Well, what do you know!
    >>>
    >>>After scooping around for a while I actually found all the COM-files for
    >>>1.41.
    >>>
    >>>Not only that, but on a disk that I had overlooked in my stash there was

    >>>generated OSMASTER.SYS. It's up pending clean-up and organization.
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    >>>
    >>>/perf
    >>>

    >>>"Fritz G. Chwolka" skrev i meddelandet

    >>>Any chance of making a copy available somewhere? It sure would be
    >>>interesting to have a play with it.

  17. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Max Scane wrote:
    > Sounds like an interesting challenge. I have located some manuals around
    > the 'net for TD and I have the z80 implementors guide.
    >
    > I have a Z80 based S100 system (SD Systems) with 256K banked memory and a
    > 1793 based floppy controller so I think the hardware should be suitable.
    > This might also be an interesting project for the P112.
    >
    > If you could make what you have available that would be really great.
    > Perhaps you could (or I can ) submit it to Gaby at www.z80.de for
    > preservation.
    >
    > Remove the ns- if you need to e-mail me. Thanks.
    >
    > "Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    >
    >>Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed from step
    >>one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB bank-switched memory

    > board,
    >
    >>a 2797 FD controller board and a WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my

    > own...
    >
    >>I have written all the driver implementations, and if someone needs them
    >>I'll just post all the sources as something that can point people in the
    >>right direction.
    >>
    >>TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should try
    >>it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and you end up with two
    >>files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The first loads the latter. I have
    >>incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into the boot prom, so booting the system is
    >>really fast, and you need is a formatted disk with the file OSMASTER.SYS -
    >>no boot sector.
    >>
    >>Interested?
    >>
    >>/perf
    >>"Max Scane" skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >>>"Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    >>>Well, what do you know!
    >>>
    >>>After scooping around for a while I actually found all the COM-files for
    >>>1.41.
    >>>
    >>>Not only that, but on a disk that I had overlooked in my stash there was

    >>>generated OSMASTER.SYS. It's up pending clean-up and organization.
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    >>>
    >>>/perf
    >>>

    >>>"Fritz G. Chwolka" skrev i meddelandet

    >>>Any chance of making a copy available somewhere? It sure would be
    >>>interesting to have a play with it.

  18. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Sure. There are a number of Turbo Dos manuals on Bitsavers. Have a look at
    http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/ims/turboDos/ There are 8 and 16 bit manuals
    there.

    "Uwe Nass" wrote in message
    > Hi Max,
    >
    > can you give us the 'net addresses of the manuals? And, of course,
    > it would be great if everything - what's available - can be send
    > to Gaby's site!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Uwe.
    >
    > Max Scane wrote:
    > > Sounds like an interesting challenge. I have located some manuals

    around
    > > the 'net for TD and I have the z80 implementors guide.
    > >
    > > I have a Z80 based S100 system (SD Systems) with 256K banked memory and

    > > 1793 based floppy controller so I think the hardware should be suitable.
    > > This might also be an interesting project for the P112.
    > >
    > > If you could make what you have available that would be really great.
    > > Perhaps you could (or I can ) submit it to Gaby at www.z80.de for
    > > preservation.
    > >
    > > Remove the ns- if you need to e-mail me. Thanks.
    > >
    > > "Per Frejvall" wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Well, it wouldn't do you much good. My hardware is home-brewed from step
    > >>one. It's a Hitachi HD64180 cpu board, a 128 KB bank-switched memory

    > > board,
    > >
    > >>a 2797 FD controller board and a WD1001 adapter board. The bus is my

    > > own...
    > >
    > >>I have written all the driver implementations, and if someone needs them
    > >>I'll just post all the sources as something that can point people in the
    > >>right direction.
    > >>
    > >>TurboDOS is far better than CP/M in my opinion, and more people should

    try
    > >>it. You can generate the system on a CP/M system, and you end up with

    two
    > >>files, OSLOAD.COM and OSMASTER.SYS. The first loads the latter. I have
    > >>incorporated my OSLOAD.COM into the boot prom, so booting the system is
    > >>really fast, and you need is a formatted disk with the file

    OSMASTER.SYS -
    > >>no boot sector.
    > >>
    > >>Interested?
    > >>
    > >>/perf
    > >>"Max Scane" skrev i meddelandet

    for

    was

  19. Re: Languages (was:Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4)

    Hello, "wild bill"!

    > Have you run across a CD ROM from about 1993, (...) A
    > compilation of ''over 100 Languages'', according to the disc.

    No, but..

    >>I am collecting Programming Languages, and especially those
    >>that used to run under CP/M 2.2, CP/M-86, and MS-DOS.

    So, I don't care if they are Freaks running only under MeSsy-DOS.
    In addition, you write:

    > (...) No docs
    > of any sort, just directories and files

    We already have enough problems documenting old CP/M programs,
    so who would want to spend his time and money resurrecting those
    old MeSsy-DOS programs? (Many people seem to think that anything
    less than C++ is not a PL...)

    The only way to do something useful is to evaluate what existed,
    then select one thing and concentrate on it until the job is done.

    If you find 1) the executables, 2) the doc, and 3) the source code
    of an interesting PL that used to run the same version under
    CP/M 2.2, CP/M-86, and MeSsy-DOS, then you are welcome.

    Yours Sincerely,
    "French Luser"

  20. Re: Looking for TurboDOS 1.4

    Hi Max,

    thanks a lot, but is there some software, disk images, etc.
    around?

    Regards,

    Uwe.