Altair BASIC Source Code - CP/M

This is a discussion on Altair BASIC Source Code - CP/M ; "Mr Emmanuel Roche, France" wrote in message news:d83f71a1-7aad-49bf-9d06-5be3aeefb4ad@64g2000hsu.googlegroups.com... > Guy Macon wrote: > > > 2) Answer (for others): None. Bill Gates never wrote Altair BASIC. > According to the listing (whose photocopy was published in a > Microsoft Press ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Altair BASIC Source Code

    "Mr Emmanuel Roche, France" wrote in message
    > Guy Macon wrote:
    >

    > 2) Answer (for others): None. Bill Gates never wrote Altair BASIC.
    > According to the listing (whose photocopy was published in a
    > Microsoft Press Book), Paul Allen wrote all the BASIC interpreter
    > while Bill Gates was a student at Harvard (Paul Allen was a
    > professional programmer, him). After MITS swallowed the hook,
    > they both went to Albuquerque, New Mexico, where Bill Gates
    > wrote the I/O subroutines. A good third of the program was the
    > Floating-Point math package, written by Monte Davidoff.

    Please post a link to this "Microsoft Press Book".

    thanks,
    -J

  2. Re: Altair BASIC Source Code

    Hello, John!

    > Please post a link to this "Microsoft Press Book".

    What! You don't have it in your library?

    - "Programmers at Work"
    Susan Lammers
    Microsoft Press, 1986

    (About $1 in second-hand bookshops.)

    (The interview of Gary Kildall is awful.)

    (If you like the photocopy of the listing, I can tell you where it
    is...)

    Yours Sincerely,
    Mr. Emmanuel Roche, France

+ Reply to Thread