vedit 1.39 disk image - CP/M

This is a discussion on vedit 1.39 disk image - CP/M ; A disk image and 1.39 users manual are now available under http://bitsavers.org/pdf/compuview/...

  1. vedit 1.39 disk image

    A disk image and 1.39 users manual are now available under
    http://bitsavers.org/pdf/compuview/

  2. Re: vedit 1.39 disk image

    Al Kossow wrote:

    > A disk image and 1.39 users manual are now available under
    >
    > http://bitsavers.org/pdf/compuview/

    I believe Vedit has officially released this from copyrite
    restrictions. It was, IMO, the best GP editor available for CP/M.

    [page]:
    Try the download section.

  3. Re: vedit 1.39 disk image

    Al Kossow wrote:
    > A disk image and 1.39 users manual are now available under
    > http://bitsavers.org/pdf/compuview/

    Hi Al,

    thanks for putting the docs snd the disk image on
    your website (http://bitsavers.org). By inspecting
    the contents of the image I missed one essential file:
    VEDSET.COM. This programm is needed to construct the
    customized VEDIT.COM file (at least for the memory
    mapped versions)! Is this correct? Also no 8086 programms
    (VEDITPC.SET, VEDITCPI.SET, etc.) seem to be on the disk.
    At least they are mentioned in the docs.

    Thanks for your help,

    Uwe.

  4. Re: vedit 1.39 disk image

    Hi Uwe --

    > thanks for putting the docs snd the disk image on your website (http://bitsavers.org). By inspecting
    > the contents of the image I missed one essential file: VEDSET.COM. This programm is needed to
    > construct the customized VEDIT.COM file (at least for the memory mapped versions)! Is this correct?
    > Also no 8086 programms (VEDITPC.SET, VEDITCPI.SET, etc.) seem to be on the disk. At least they
    > are mentioned in the docs.

    I don't know much about VEDIT, but I took the .IMD file apart on my
    Linux box, and reconstructed all the files from it. Then I downloaded
    the ones I needed to my home-made 10 MHz Z80. They seem to work very
    well. Very fast! The program vdsetcrt.com is used with either of the
    two .SET files (vedit8c.set or veditzc.set) to create a vedit
    executable. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, but
    it may be memory mapped vs. terminal video? The only other file that
    is *really* needed is crt.tbl, which I gather is the terminal
    descriptor file for all the various terminals. The remaining files
    are just small snippets for help, or notes about operation. I did
    *NOT* find anything for the 8086.

    I might regret this, but I can e-mail a zipped collection of the
    contents of the .IMD file to those who would rather not go through the
    diskette re-creation exercise, OR the convoluted extraction (from
    the .IMD) process.

    Roger

  5. Re: vedit 1.39 disk image

    rzh_nocal@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi Uwe --
    >
    >> thanks for putting the docs snd the disk image on your website (http://bitsavers.org). By inspecting
    >> the contents of the image I missed one essential file: VEDSET.COM. This programm is needed to
    >> construct the customized VEDIT.COM file (at least for the memory mapped versions)! Is this correct?
    >> Also no 8086 programms (VEDITPC.SET, VEDITCPI.SET, etc.) seem to be on the disk. At least they
    >> are mentioned in the docs.

    > I don't know much about VEDIT, but I took the .IMD file apart on my
    > Linux box, and reconstructed all the files from it. Then I downloaded
    > the ones I needed to my home-made 10 MHz Z80. They seem to work very
    > well. Very fast! The program vdsetcrt.com is used with either of the
    > two .SET files (vedit8c.set or veditzc.set) to create a vedit
    > executable. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, but
    > it may be memory mapped vs. terminal video? The only other file that
    > is *really* needed is crt.tbl, which I gather is the terminal
    > descriptor file for all the various terminals. The remaining files
    > are just small snippets for help, or notes about operation. I did
    > *NOT* find anything for the 8086.
    >
    > I might regret this, but I can e-mail a zipped collection of the
    > contents of the .IMD file to those who would rather not go through the
    > diskette re-creation exercise, OR the convoluted extraction (from
    > the .IMD) process.
    >
    > Roger

    Hi Roger,

    thanks for your response. I had already extracted all files from
    the disk image. More files are mentioned in the manual. May be there
    are other distribution disks.

    Thanks again,

    Uwe.

+ Reply to Thread