Need a boot disk / formatter (ZCPR3?) -- anyone want a Kaypro 10 &/or16? - CP/M

This is a discussion on Need a boot disk / formatter (ZCPR3?) -- anyone want a Kaypro 10 &/or16? - CP/M ; I have a Kaypro 10 I've not fired up in a long time. Last time I tried, the disk spun up, but apparently the boot sector has been trashed so it doesn't actually come to a working point. I've had ...

  1. Need a boot disk / formatter (ZCPR3?) -- anyone want a Kaypro 10 &/or16?

    I have a Kaypro 10 I've not fired up in a long time. Last time I
    tried, the disk spun up, but apparently the boot sector has been
    trashed so it doesn't actually come to a working point.

    I've had that happen before, and used a floppy to boot and rewrite the
    boot sector.

    When I tried that this time, I found my old floppies had apparently
    succumbed to bit rot and they didn't work.

    So, I need a floppy I can boot from.

    It may be relevant that I used to run ZCPR3 and had installed the the
    "turbo mod" -- uses the turbo ROM and that required flipping a couple
    of wires (I put in a switch so I can flip it back, but I doubt I still
    have the original ROM.

    If I can boot it, I'd like to see what's on the hard disk, and perhaps
    see if I can transfer files to one of my newer machines. When that's
    done, I'd be happy to donate the machine to a happy home for the cost
    of shipping.

    I also have a Kaypro 16 I'll part with.

    For the 10 I probably have a complete set of paper manuals, too, if
    that's of interest.

    joe

  2. Re: Need a boot disk / formatter (ZCPR3?) -- anyone want a Kaypro 10&/or 16?

    On Sep 26, 5:56*pm, Joe D wrote:
    > I have a Kaypro 10 I've not fired up in a long time. * Last time I
    > tried, the disk spun up, but apparently the boot sector has been
    > trashed so it doesn't actually come to a working point.
    >
    > I've had that happen before, and used a floppy to boot and rewrite the
    > boot sector.
    >
    > When I tried that this time, I found my old floppies had apparently
    > succumbed to bit rot and they didn't work.
    >
    > So, I need a floppy I can boot from.
    >
    > It may be relevant that I used to run ZCPR3 and had installed the the
    > "turbo mod" -- uses the turbo ROM and that required flipping a couple
    > of wires (I put in a switch so I can flip it back, but I doubt I still
    > have the original ROM.
    >
    > If I can boot it, I'd like to see what's on the hard disk, and perhaps
    > see if I can transfer files to one of my newer machines. * When that's
    > done, I'd be happy to donate the machine to a happy home for the cost
    > of shipping.
    >
    > I also have a Kaypro 16 I'll part with.
    >
    > For the 10 I probably have a complete set of paper manuals, too, if
    > that's of interest.
    >
    > joe

    I had a reply by email from tonym, but didn't see it for a week or so
    -- haven't had a response to my reply. Can we try again?

+ Reply to Thread