S-100 Sound Effects - CP/M

This is a discussion on S-100 Sound Effects - CP/M ; I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/ BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card. I am going to be ...

  1. S-100 Sound Effects

    I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
    card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
    BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card. I am going to be
    downsizing my Computer Collection and will be offering these cards
    along with the rest of my S-!00 Collection.
    Got a Teletek Systemaster 65K CP/m SBC that used to work. even a boot
    floppy and Docs. Got a Mariposa Design 64K Static Memory Board plus
    Manual.;
    Even have a Tarbell SBC 8-16 that used to run Got all the Boots and
    Docs
    Boy Am I Puter POOR. Got a N* Horizon and a ton of Cards thats up for
    Grabs.
    Got a Cromemco ZPU and a 16K static card Plus an 8K ByteSaver fully
    populated sans Proms.
    Got a ADS Promblaster wating for one chip. Found one at Unicorn but
    need to sell something to get the Bread to purchase
    Got a Advanced Digital Corp S-100 MFM Controller but not sure of its
    Status.
    Got a Tarbell FDC 1011C and a 1011D Fully populated that ought to work
    Got two Vector Graphic CPUs and a Z80
    Got some spare Compu-Pro cards 8085, Disk1 that needs fixing, Disk3,
    couple RAM22.s RAM17.s Interfacer 3 and 4 that I may put up if the
    price is right

  2. Re: S-100 Sound Effects

    BrightFame wrote:

    >I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
    >card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
    >BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card.

    Is it like ths one:

    http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100c/index.htm

    (Look for "sound" under the misc. cards entry near the bottom).

    If so, I have the manual for it posted there.

    Dave

    --
    dave06a@ Low-cost firmware development tools: www.dunfield.com
    dunfield. Classic computer collection: www.classiccmp.org/dunfield

  3. Re: S-100 Sound Effects

    On Sep 26, 9:55 am, Dave.Dunfi...@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website
    (Dave Dunfield) wrote:
    > BrightFame wrote:
    > >I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
    > >card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
    > >BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card.

    D.R.C. is probably Digital Research Computers or Digital Research
    Corp., Texas.

    I list S-100 card manufacturers on this Web page:

    http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs...100.html#LISTS

    ....but I don't have a sound effects card manual for that brand.

    Herb Johnson
    retrotechnology.com

  4. Re: S-100 Sound Effects

    "BrightFame" wrote in message
    >I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
    > card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
    > BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card. I am going to be
    > downsizing my Computer Collection and will be offering these cards
    > along with the rest of my S-!00 Collection.
    > Got a Teletek Systemaster 65K CP/m SBC that used to work. even a boot
    > floppy and Docs. Got a Mariposa Design 64K Static Memory Board plus
    > Manual.;
    > Even have a Tarbell SBC 8-16 that used to run Got all the Boots and
    > Docs
    > Boy Am I Puter POOR. Got a N* Horizon and a ton of Cards thats up for
    > Grabs.
    > Got a Cromemco ZPU and a 16K static card Plus an 8K ByteSaver fully
    > populated sans Proms.
    > Got a ADS Promblaster wating for one chip. Found one at Unicorn but
    > need to sell something to get the Bread to purchase
    > Got a Advanced Digital Corp S-100 MFM Controller but not sure of its
    > Status.
    > Got a Tarbell FDC 1011C and a 1011D Fully populated that ought to work
    > Got two Vector Graphic CPUs and a Z80
    > Got some spare Compu-Pro cards 8085, Disk1 that needs fixing, Disk3,
    > couple RAM22.s RAM17.s Interfacer 3 and 4 that I may put up if the
    > price is right

    I have several of the manuals for the DRC S-100 Sound Effects board. We
    used to OEM them for use in our video game products. The board is IO-mapped
    to any 4 contiguous ports, and uses two General Instruments AY-3-8910 sound
    ICs. Along with the hardware manual came a hard copy of DRCs Sound Command
    Language manual, and a copy of GI's AT-3-8910/8912 Programmable Sound
    Generator Data Manual.

  5. Re: S-100 Sound Effects

    ================================================== ===========================
    > TOPIC: S-100 Sound Effects
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....a89d74b5?hl=en
    > ================================================== ============================
    > == 1 of 4 ==
    > Date: Fri, Sep 26 2008 5:47 am
    > From: BrightFame
    >
    > == 2 of 4 ==
    > Date: Fri, Sep 26 2008 6:55 am
    > From: Dave.Dunfield@use.techsupport.link.on.my.website (Dave Dunfield)
    > BrightFame wrote:
    >> I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box with my Clock Calendar
    >> card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
    >> BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card.
    >> Is it like ths one:

    YUP
    Dave let me know if your interested in any of my STUFF

    >> http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/s100c/index.htm

    > == 4 of 4 ==
    > Date: Fri, Sep 26 2008 10:50 am
    > From: "Thomas \"Todd\" Fischer"
    >
    > "BrightFame" wrote in message
    >>

    > I have several of the manuals for the DRC S-100 Sound Effects board. We
    > used to OEM them for use in our video game products. The board is IO-mapped
    > to any 4 contiguous ports, and uses two General Instruments AY-3-8910 sound
    > ICs. Along with the hardware manual came a hard copy of DRCs Sound Command
    > Language manual, and a copy of GI's AT-3-8910/8912 Programmable Sound
    > Generator Data Manual.

    Contac me E-Mail is good

  6. Re: S-100 Sound Effects

    On Sep 26, 7:47 am, BrightFame wrote:
    > I found a S-100 Sound Effects card in the box THIS Has been sold
    >
    > with my Clock Calendar card ca 1980 by QT Computer Sustems inc. It is marked Copyright DRC/
    > BEC. has anyone seen anything on this card. I am going to be downsizing my Computer Collection and will be offering these cards along with the rest of my S-!00 Collection.

    Got a Teletek Systemaster 65K CP/m SBC that used to work. even a boot
    floppy and Docs. THIS Has been sold
    > Got a Mariposa Design 64K Static Memory Board plus Manual.;
    > Even have a Tarbell SBC 8-16 that used to run Got all the Boots and Docs
    > Boy Am I Puter POOR. Got a N* Horizon and a ton of Cards thats up for Grabs.
    > Got a Cromemco ZPU and a 16K static card Plus an 8K ByteSaver fully populated sans Proms.
    > Got a ADS Promblaster wating for one chip. Found one at Unicorn but need to sell something to get the Bread to purchase
    > Got a Advanced Digital Corp S-100 MFM Controller but not sure of its Status.
    > Got a Tarbell FDC 1011C and a 1011D Fully populated that ought to work
    > Got two Vector Graphic CPUs and a Z80
    > Got some spare Compu-Pro cards 8085, Disk1 that needs fixing, Disk3,
    > couple RAM22.s RAM17.s Interfacer 3 and 4 that I may put up if the
    > price is right

+ Reply to Thread